VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    Your writing skills ARE indicative of your thinking skills and your skill at communicating your "inventions" (whatever those may turn out to be).

Also,
    You haven't provided ANYTHING of substance yet. Ever hear of the phrase "put up or shut up"? NO ONE has yet put up any clear app/device that truly defeats cinavia without obliterating the quality.

Also,
    What little suggestions you have supplied so far reveal that your understanding of Cinavia and other tech is quite flawed. First, Cinavia (as it currently exists) acts ONLY on the audio portion NEVER on the video portion, so your suggestion of video conversion (if that's what you meant to say...how can we truly tell?) is a tangential waste of time. Also, your references to "audio overlay" and "over the top" run counter to a real understanding of digital watermarking and steganography as well as simple audio mixing mathematics.

This is meant without conceit or bitterness, etc. but you are in WAY over your head. Stop before you dig deeper.

Scott

2. Ok step 1 is to locate the frequency or frequencies that the code is broadcast on my guess is this is not going to be below 500hz as it will be heard ad disrupt the audio especially on theatre and surround set ups. And defiantly not below 100hz as simply removing bass would remove it. It is not going to be anywhere between 1.5khz and 3khz as the ear drum resonates at around 2khz and would be heard through the audio and again I doubt it will be above 15khz as they say recording through even a rubbish mic would keep the watermark so that narrows it down . There must be a repeated pattern to it for it to be detected by the counterpart detection software which must monitor the set frequency or frequencies I've got a bit of time tonight this is what I will be doing using a pin point equalisation set up if you have tried this already let me know.

3. Originally Posted by Mattthemaster View Post
    Ok step 1 is to locate the frequency or frequencies that the code is broadcast on my guess is this is not going to be below 500hz as it will be heard ad disrupt the audio especially on theatre and surround set ups. And defiantly not below 100hz as simply removing bass would remove it....here must be a repeated pattern to it for it to be detected by the counterpart detection software.
    If you simply look at the wikipedia entry for cinavia you will see you are already wildly off the mark.

4. Member
    Search PM
    So still there isn't any true way to get rid of cinavia protection correct?

5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Correct,no true way yet despite claims.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

6. Member
    Search PM
    Why I BELIEVE based on that official site mentioning all dune hd smart series can play NORMALLY WITHOUT ANY ISSUES any of bd-iso or 3d bd-iso file even with cinavia protection.

Look here or here.

Search PM
    Again, NOWHERE in their manuals does the Dune player suggest that it supports BD3D, Profile5, or HDMI 1.4.

Scott

8. Member
    Search PM
    Hey guys,

I recently bought a SONY BDV-6100 home theater system and found that Cinavia crap is there. So if anybody knows how to bypass this on my player or update the player with any custom firmware without Cinavia please let me know.
    And later I found out that this Cinavia problem is not there in our Locally made 3D BLURAY Player brand. Too bad i went for SONY brand name.

9. Member
    Search PM
    As you read at previews post THERE IS NO WAY to get ridd of cinavia protection ESPECIALLY AT 3D BLURAY PLAYERS so i don't believe you find a solution you search for.

10. Has DVD-Ranger (CinexHD) improved any, or is the audio quality still noticeably lower than unprocessed files?
    Last edited by enoctis; 17th Dec 2014 at 08:32.

11. Dont' forget that DVD Ranger has lied to their customers for years about their Cinavia removal techniques.

12. Does anyone know if the material from the hack on Sony will help in the battle against Cinavia?

13. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What you asked makes no sense.

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    He thinks the hackers responsible for leaking all those embarrassing emails from SONY studio execs in retaliation for the studio's movie, 'The Interview", stumbled across the tech specs for Cinavia and leaked those too. LOL

15. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    He thinks the hackers responsible for leaking all those embarrassing emails from SONY studio execs in retaliation for the studio's movie, 'The Interview", stumbled across the tech specs for Cinavia and leaked those too. LOL
    Or may leak in the future.

One of the leaks (spe_05) includes a folder named "AACS" ...

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hotblu View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

AACS had already been cracked or reverse engineered long before SONY was hacked. Sony merely licenses Cinavia from Verance, like any other company that uses it.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Dec 2014 at 13:23. Reason: left out a word

17. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

AACS had already been cracked or reverse engineered long before SONY was hacked. Sony merely licenses Cinavia from Verance, like any other company that uses it.
    That's not the point.

The point is if the people that hacked Sony found and copied a folder called "AACS" then what is the chance that somewhere they've also got one called "Cinavia" or that details for Cinavia are also present?

And irrespective of whether or not AACS has been cracked, it is always worth reading the spec and comparing the design from what was deduced.

18. Member
    Search Comp PM

That's not the point.

The point is if the people that hacked Sony found and copied a folder called "AACS" then what is the chance that somewhere they've also got one called "Cinavia" or that details for Cinavia are also present?
    You are like a child who sees someone spreading manure in their garden and deduces that they must have a pony. SONY only licenses the technology so the chances are slim to none that they would have all the details necessary to remove Cinavia.

19. Just because Sony buys muffins from the baker doesn't mean Sony has the recipe.

Though, Sony might have a copy of the software that's used to add Cinavia to audio tracks. A copy of that software may make it easier to crack Cinavia as one could encode their own test tracks to see what changes, and reverse engineer the program.

20. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Just because Sony buys muffins from the baker doesn't mean Sony has the recipe.

Though, Sony might have a copy of the software that's used to add Cinavia to audio tracks. A copy of that software may make it easier to crack Cinavia as one could encode their own test tracks to see what changes, and reverse engineer the program.
    That's another good example of something that the Sony hack may have obtained that could be useful.

Another example might be if the Sony hack obtained source code used to build the software used for their BluRay players or the PS3 - even if it is just Cinavia libraries.

21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another example might be if the Sony hack obtained source code used to build the software used for their BluRay players or the PS3 - even if it is just Cinavia libraries.
    Once again, just because someone bought muffins from the baker does not mean they were given the recipe.
    Verance is unlikely to provide source code as part of their license. That would be stupid and unnecessary.

22. There is a way to defeat Cinavia. You simply remove the infected audio, and then dub in your own audio. I recommend a headset with a mic. It's a lot more convenient.

23. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Once again, just because someone bought muffins from the baker does not mean they were given the recipe.
    Verance is unlikely to provide source code as part of their license. That would be stupid and unnecessary.
    Whether it is smart or not is irrelevant.

Sony has to somehow build Cinavia detection into their devices. Whether it is through libraries that they get from Verance or source code matters little. Consider that not only does Sony need to do this but every other vendor that builds BluRay players. How would Verance supply all of them? In arguably the same way they supply Sony so that they minimise their operational costs.

Thus Sony either has:
    - a DLL to link against
    - a spec to write source code to
    - source code to compile in

Consider that the PS/3 originally could not and did not have Cinavia detection built into it. Newer firmwares do. How did Sony do that without new software? Now if Sony modified the PS/3 software suite to have this new Cinavia feature then how did Sony build that?

Thus my contention remains: there is the very real possibility that the "Sony hack" has obtained information that will be useful in defeating Cinavia.

24. Member
    Search Comp PM

Sony has to somehow build Cinavia detection into their devices. Whether it is through libraries that they get from Verance or source code matters little. Consider that not only does Sony need to do this but every other vendor that builds BluRay players. How would Verance supply all of them? In arguably the same way they supply Sony so that they minimise their operational costs.

Thus Sony either has:
    - a DLL to link against

Consider that the PS/3 originally could not and did not have Cinavia detection built into it. Newer firmwares do. How did Sony do that without new software? Now if Sony modified the PS/3 software suite to have this new Cinavia feature then how did Sony build that?

Thus my contention remains: there is the very real possibility that the "Sony hack" has obtained information that will be useful in defeating Cinavia.
    You know that there are such things as compiled libraries and yet you still contend that Verance would be likely to provide manufacturers with source code or specs instead. If Verance had made it that easy for their technology to be cracked, they would be out of the DRM business by now. The machines you are discussing use a limited number of CPUs, and have an OS based on Linux or BSD. It wouldn't be difficult for Verance to provide a compiled library to manufacturers, and given that the license is not inexpensive, they can still make a profit by doing that.

Smart people don't waste their time dreaming of the day when Cinavia will be cracked. They use players that are Cinavia compliant for playing original discs and use a media player or a PC when playing ripped material.

Stupid trackpad posted when I didn't want to. Is there a delete?
    No. [Edit] I should have added "not unless you are a moderator".
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 22nd Dec 2014 at 13:51.

25. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM

Stupid trackpad posted when I didn't want to. Is there a delete?
    No.
    Yup.

26. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Thus Sony either has:
    - a DLL to link against

You know that there are such things as compiled libraries and yet you still contend that Verance would be likely to provide manufacturers with source code or specs instead. If Verance had made it that easy for their technology to be cracked, they would be out of the DRM business by now. The machines you are discussing use a limited number of CPUs, and have an OS based on Linux or BSD. It wouldn't be difficult for Verance to provide a compiled library to manufacturers, and given that the license is not inexpensive, they can still make a profit by doing that.

Smart people don't waste their time dreaming of the day when Cinavia will be cracked. They use players that are Cinavia compliant for playing original discs and use a media player or a PC when playing ripped material.
    Given that we're talking about a black box here (the content of the Sony hack), you seem awfully sure of yourself about what's inside of it or not inside of it as the case may be.

How do you know that the Sony hack hasn't obtained such material?
    Have you reviewed it all and confirmed that nothing useful relating to Cinavia is present?

27. Member
    Search Comp PM

Given that we're talking about a black box here (the content of the Sony hack), you seem awfully sure of yourself about what's inside of it or not inside of it as the case may be.

Have you reviewed it all and confirmed that nothing useful relating to Cinavia is present?
    Given that the contents of the Sony hack is still largely a black box to most of the world, you seem awfully sure that the hackers got useful information about Cinavia. Have you been communicating with the hackers and helping them out with their search for valuable items contained in the data that was stolen?

If not, I smell something that lives under a bridge which might think it is great fun to inspire unwarranted optimism among members here who for some reason cannot figure out that they do not need to use a Blu-Ray player or a game console to watch their collection of ripped movies.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 22nd Dec 2014 at 19:10.

28. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Given that the contents of the Sony hack is still largely a black box to most of the world, you seem awfully sure that the hackers got useful information about Cinavia. Have you been communicating with the hackers and helping them out with their search for valuable items contained in the data that was stolen?
    Lovely diversion from answering my question with your own question.

Who do you represent and who do you work for?

29. Banned
    Search Comp PM

WOW are you clueless!!!!!!

30. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post

WOW are you clueless!!!!!!
    Thank you for letting me know.