VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I did download the mp3 file. It sounded like crap.

2. Yes, DVD Ranger's method is even worse.

3. Hi guys, I have a question.
    I have a samsung tv 55F8000 and samsung home theater HT-E5550 that have cinavia,
    I'm watching movies on external hdd connected directly to tv and my sound is passing
    over hdmi to home theater, I know that cinavia detects sound when you play br disc on
    br player, but is it possible that cinavia can detect sound this way that I'm watching movies?
    So far I haven't any problems but I'm scared of a new updates that they'll find a way to screw us??

4. Originally Posted by lol24 View Post
    Hi guys, I have a question.
    I have a samsung tv 55F8000 and samsung home theater HT-E5550 that have cinavia,
    I'm watching movies on external hdd connected directly to tv and my sound is passing
    over hdmi to home theater, I know that cinavia detects sound when you play br disc on
    br player, but is it possible that cinavia can detect sound this way that I'm watching movies?
    Yes. I believe the PS3 does that.

Originally Posted by lol24 View Post
    So far I haven't any problems but I'm scared of a new updates that they'll find a way to screw us??
    It's always a possibility.

5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    lol24 - Rip and convert to MKV. So far we haven't had reports of Cinavia being enforced on MKV playback, especially if through a USB connection like your hard disk.

Again, if you just buy the disc you don't have problems, but I guess you're not interested in that.

Where do you live? Unless you live in the USA/Canada, Cinavia is pretty much a non-issue. Hell, if you just avoid buying Sony Pictures discs, you'll avoid 99% of Cinavia protected discs. Even Disney, who is about as paranoid as they come with regards to people "stealing" their movies, won't pay for Cinavia and has only been reported to have one title protected with it. You can probably count on one hand the number of Cinavia protected discs not made by Sony or released outside of region A.

6. Member
    Search PM
    Cinex has improved since I made that clip. A more recent test I did can be found here:
    http://upload.cdfreaks.com/Kerry56/GWTDT clip.mp4

And I've heard another one made by the DVDRanger developers that is very much improved over this one, but I cannot be certain of their source, since all they provided was an mp4 file. It was given to us in confidence about a month ago, so I could not have shared it even if I had kept the clip.

7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Hi guys, I have a question.
    Yes. I believe the PS3 does that.

It's always a possibility.
    you didn't understood me, ps3 has br player inside console so because of that cinavia is able to
    detect ripped movies, my way of watching movies is different, I have for example 3 movies in mkv on
    external hdd and I plug my hdd to tv and my tv is connected to home theater that have 5.1 surround
    and I'm getting sound on that br player that has cinavia so I was wondering can cinavia be triggered that
    way or do you need to watch ripped movie on dvd on br player that have cinavia builted in to trigger protection by cinavia?

Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    lol24 - Rip and convert to MKV. So far we haven't had reports of Cinavia being enforced on MKV playback, especially if through a USB connection like your hard disk.

Again, if you just buy the disc you don't have problems, but I guess you're not interested in that.

Where do you live? Unless you live in the USA/Canada, Cinavia is pretty much a non-issue. Hell, if you just avoid buying Sony Pictures discs, you'll avoid 99% of Cinavia protected discs. Even Disney, who is about as paranoid as they come with regards to people "stealing" their movies, won't pay for Cinavia and has only been reported to have one title protected with it. You can probably count on one hand the number of Cinavia protected discs not made by Sony or released outside of region A.
    I live in Croatia in Europe, so you are saying that cinavia don't affect br players outside usa/canada, are you sure?
    I'm asking because in my manual for samsung ht-e5550 says that I have cinavia builted in. :/

Thx for helping guys

8. No, you misunderstood me. There already are players that will detect cinavia when playing MKV files off a hard drive and stop playing. An update to your players firmware could add that "feature".

9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No, you misunderstood me. There already are players that will detect cinavia when playing MKV files off a hard drive and stop playing. An update to your players firmware could add that "feature".
    I know that but again you missed my question.

10. I think I understand your question now. You are playing MKV files with your TV's built in media player but listening to the sound by routing it to your home theater system (which has a Blu-ray disc player that responds to cinavia). Yes, it's possible that cinavia could be detected that way (since the watermark is still in the audio stream) and the HT system would stop playing the audio. It would depend on how the HT was designed. I haven't heard of that happening yet though.

11. Thx for trying to understand my question and now you answered it.
    I hope that it never will.

Can I make a test with some file that is infected? Is that smart, will I broke something?
    Does anybody have a file with cinavia?

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can plug my MacBook Pro into my TV with a connector I bought from Amazon. This plays really well. I have just bought a new Samsung DVD player and got the dreaded Cinavia message.
    carpe diem mañana

13. Originally Posted by fazza8 View Post
    I can plug my MacBook Pro into my TV with a connector I bought from Amazon. This plays really well. I have just bought a new Samsung DVD player and got the dreaded Cinavia message.
    Are you sure it is a DVD player? if so, what Samsung DVD player model was it?

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Must be a Blu-Ray player, If not,Then it's the first DVD player I heard of with cinavia protection.

15. I think we're talking around an insoluble point. Why should the burden of getting rid of Cinavia fall to us consumers?!? Let your money do the talking! ONLY buy BR players with no Cinavia--problem solved!

I'm a lazy Luddite. I download NTSC or PAL, then burn disks and play the files on my Pioneer BDP-150, which has played damn near everything till now. I download everything, AVI or xVid, less than 2GB MP4 and MKV x264 and h264, BRRip, BDRip, etc., from numerous sources: BluRay 1080p, 720p; Sound is AAC Dolby, AAC 5.1, DTS, MP3.

I had never encountered Cinavia before The Act of Killing (took nine downloads before I found one that worked till the end), same with Blue Jasmine. Seems logical that uploaders are re-encoding the original infected file.

It's the uploaders who need to check for Cinavia before they share with the rest of us!

Frankly, I'm thinking of buying a new non-Cinavia Blu-ray player. Will bring along my dead disks to test!

16. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The only way you can buy a new blu-ray player without cinavia is to buy one that's from 2011 when cinavia wasn't being forced,good luck in that.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

17. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    The only way you can buy a new blu-ray player without cinavia is to buy one that's from 2011 when cinavia wasn't being forced,good luck in that.
    I think this is a pessimistic view. Surely some Chinese brands don't bother and certainly do as good a job.

If one owns a BR player with no Cinavia, can't one simply NOT update the firmware?

Another site posts these. Will readers tell us if any now use Cinavia?

Bluray players/media players that DO NOT contain Cinavia:

LG BD550 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
    LG BD560 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
    LG BD570 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
    Samsung BD-P1590 latest firmware v2.13 and older
    Samsung BD-C5900-XAA firmware BSP-C6900WWB-1019.1 and older
    Samsung BD-C6900 up until firmware version BSP-C6900WWB-1018.1
    Sony BDP-S300 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
    Sony BDP-S301 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
    Sony BDP-S360 latest firmware 007 and older
    Sony BDP-S370 firmware M03.R.315 and older
    Sony BDP-S550 latest firmware 020 and older
    Sony BDP-S560 latest firmware 007 and older
    Sony BDP-S570 firmware M04.R.624 and older
    Sony BDP-N460 firmware M02.R.123 and older
    Sony BDP-CX960 firmware v013 and older
    Oppo BDP-80 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Oppo BDP-83 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Oppo BDP-83 SE - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Oppo BDP-93 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Oppo BDP-95 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Panasonic DMP-BD85 - firmware v1.70 dated 2010/10/15 and older
    Panasonic DMP-BDT350 - firmware v1.73 dated November 22, 2010 and older
    Panasonic SC-BT230 firmware 1.50 and older
    Philips BDP9600 firmware 1.53
    Pioneer BDP-51FD and BDP-05FD firmware v1.70
    Pioneer BDP-320 V3.70 firmware and older
    Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDAVN00 (latest FW v1.03.01 and older)
    Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 2nd Gen - model: WDBABF0000NBK-NESN (firmware 1.01.70 and older)
    Western Digital WD TV Live HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBAAN0000NBK (latest beta Firmware v1.03.35 and older)
    Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBABX0000NBK (latest Firmware v1.03.29 and older)
    Vizio VBR100 firmware unknown

18. It can't be removed. What you need is something that is not using Cinavia (such as a streaming box like Apple TV or WDTV Live).

(Or a computer hooked up to your TV).

19. Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
    It can't be removed. What you need is something that is not using Cinavia (such as a streaming box like Apple TV or WDTV Live).

(Or a computer hooked up to your TV).
    Cinavia can be rendered unreadable.

20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have a lot of doubts about unblocktheplanet's post. Caveat emptor. The BD licensing agreement REQUIRES (it is NOT optional, despite what he claims about Oppo) that all current players comply with Cinavia detection. I've even heard reports about Oppo being fully compliant with Cinavia on ALL current models. The Chinese can get away with "Oops. We forgot to take away region free mode. That was only for testing." (wink wink) but they can't get away with refusing to implement requirements.

And yes, cinavia can be rendered unreadable, but you have to mess with audio quality to do it. Whether the degradation is acceptable or not is something each person must decide for himself/herself, but the degradation is there.

21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually he is right about the Oppo, I have the BDP-83, All the new models that start with 10 are the only one's that are cinavia protected as they were manufactured in 2012 when it became manatory.

22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    Actually he is right about the Oppo, I have the BDP-83, All the new models that start with 10 are the only one's that are cinavia protected as they were manufactured in 2012 when it became manatory.
    Then we're both right, depending on your perspective.

He is right in that those are OLD models that were produced prior to Cinavia being required and thus they truly do not have to have Cinavia support added later. His statement as written could be interpreted to mean that Oppo has some kind of secret deal that means that they don't have to support Cinavia. That is not true nor is it what he implied, but I feel that there was a lack of clarity in his comments and if I interpreted it that way, others may also do so.

I am right in that current Oppo models do require Cinavia support.

Again, as I have said more times than I care to count, discounting the usual "But I HAVE to copy my discs because my kids f*** them up" posts that we get, even from people who don't have children , people could just buy the discs and not worry about Cinavia. But that would cut into people's abilities to copy discs they didn't buy. Or you could just avoid every disc that Sony makes and that alone will take care of 99% of all Cinavia discs. The last time I checked there were less than 10 BluRays sold in the USA/Canada that contain Cinavia that don't come from Sony.

Search Comp PM
    Are there any post 2011 Chinese BD players that have gone under the radar, and not implemented Cinavia?
    -The Mang

24. This is in case you wanna stick to a Cinavia infected machine:
    currently a solution to remove cinavia that has become viable for most users is: using Audacity, just extract the audio from the video, run Audacity and load the audio file from the video source then, go to 'effect' go to change pitch you will see percent change enter: negative 13 and simply press 'OK' export to desired audio output and mux to video.

25. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to extract the audio from the common video formats I encounter: AVI, MP4, MKV, using a Mac. There is a thread here for using MKVtoolnix for this purpose: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/359121-How-to-extract-parts-from-a-mkv-including-al...ubtitle-tracks or iSkysoft Video Converter. I may be able to apply Audacity to the resulting complete audio file.

This is all pretty damned complicated when all I want to do is be entertained!

I'm not made of money but it seems, as consumers, we should send a clear message to manufacturers that we won't buy Cinavia machines. I'm going to a mall as soon as I get some time with some Cinavia disks and try out every machine until I can compile a list of non-Cinavia machines. Which, of course, I'll post here.

Unfortunately, many popular flicks on torrent are Cinavia-infected (charitably, likely without the uploader's awareness). Pirate disks available here in Bangkok are probably created using the same sources-they're Cinavia-infected, too. (Examples: The Act of Killing, Blue Jasmine, Kill Your Darlings, Oldboy, which I've encountered so far.)

26. Originally Posted by unblocktheplanet View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to extract the audio from the common video formats I encounter:
    Install the ffmpeg source plugin for Audacity and you can drag/drop most video files onto it.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=FAQ:Installation_and_Plug-Ins#How_do_I_...ort_Library.3F

Then you can export the modified audio in the format you want (AC3, MP3, etc.). Finally, you'll need a muxing tool to mux the new audio with the video. MMG, Yamb, VirtualDub, etc.

A 13 percent pitch shift is pretty substantial though. About 3 half steps on a piano. And this type of pitch shift leaves the audio sounding a bit ratty.
    Last edited by jagabo; 26th Mar 2014 at 08:06.

27. Originally Posted by unblocktheplanet View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to extract the audio from the common video
    import the video source and choose .mp3 as the output. Once editing is done mux back to video.

This is all pretty damned complicated when all I want to do is be entertained!
    It’s not.
    I'm not made of money but it seems, as consumers, we should send a clear message to manufacturers that we won't buy Cinavia machines.
    As long as they keep pricing blu-ray players at 30-40 bucks a pop they will continue to sell well. The consumers are sheeple and there is no stopping it.

28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Because Cinavia is an enforced, dictated requirement on all BluRay players since 2012, consumers have no choice EXCEPT locate older players that aren't infected by this monopoly action. (Hotels are often a great source of this 'old equipment', by the way. Offer a exchange "brand new for yer dusty old model..." and most clerks or hotel maint guys won't know the difference!)

Of course, "not buying Cinavia-laden disks" is our only choice and I'm pleased that not a large percentage of newest releases are. I can only hope that THIS consumer-voice will become plain, but that Standards Committee that agreed to pay off Sony, Verance, etc, is the REAL criminal group.

29. Thanks for the tip. My Audacity download does not include "ffmpeg" in its plug-ins folder. I do, however, have ffMPEG installed on my Mac.