VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

For a friend, I need to find the simplest Windows application to replace some parts of a video with PowerPoint slides. The idea is to keep the camera on the speaker and post-insert the slides mentioned in the conference.

It doesn't look like Windows Movie Maker can do that. Is there an application you could recommend from the "Video Editors (Basic)" list?

Otherwise, Sony Vegas Studio is so feature-rich that he'll probably get lost. I haven't tried others like Corel's.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A speaker and PowerPoint slides? Nobody does that anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Your friend needs something that is timeline-based and from what I have seen in the "Video Editors (Basic)" section, none of those programs really fit the bill. Your best bet would be, in my opinion, something from either Sony, Adobe, or Corel.

I use Premiere Pro CS6, but I have heard great things about Sony Movie Studio. I also have Corel Video Studio Pro X5. They all have their strong points, and perform the same basic functions under the hood.

There is always the option of downloading the trial versions and deciding which program is simplest to use. You may have to hunt down or type up some tutorials for your friend to do what he wants to do.

As far as replacing the video with the PowerPoint slide, all he has to do is place the slide on top of the video on the track above the track where the video resides OR cut out JUST the video portion that needs to be replaced (NOT the audio!) and replace it with the PowerPoint slide.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    never mind.
    Last edited by vhelp; 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:44.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    Your friend needs something that is timeline-based and from what I have seen in the "Video Editors (Basic)" section, none of those programs really fit the bill. Your best bet would be, in my opinion, something from either Sony, Adobe, or Corel.
    Thanks. I'll try Corel and Premiere and see if they're simple enough to use even with little video skills.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a Mac, I've heard Final Cut Pro is pretty simple and basic, and needs few skills.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can't find a tool to do "The idea is to keep the camera on the speaker and post-insert the slides" .

But you can find all the tools do "The idea is to keep the camera on the speaker and post-insert the pictures ( bmp and/or jpeg ) "

So, screen shoot the slides, like control/Alt/PrtScn into a pictures, and pick any slide show to DVD program, and go.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    PowerPoint: SaveAs/Export *.PNG (or *.BMP).
    NLE: like Braniac said, insert/replace on same track and/or overlay on higher track. Any good NLE can do this...in fact (though it is cumbersome), you CAN do it in WMM! (I just tried it).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    PowerPoint: SaveAs/Export *.PNG (or *.BMP).
    Scott
    Thank you for the tip, it is sure better than taking screen shot of the slides.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you really want high quality, read my past posts on how to get better quality out of PPT - makes a difference!

Scott
    Quote Quote