hi, i came across a group of videos wich i tried reencoding, i managed to turn em from .mkv to .avi without problems but when used the MKVExtractGUI2 to get the subs, i found it had 3 tracks each, all with 2 files (.idx and .sub) so i have 6 files (or 3 pairs of subs) to add into this .avi videos and have no idea what to do.
what i have noted so far is this:
-opening them with notepad will only give me some undecoded text on the .sub file (just a bunch of random simbols)
-opening them with aegisubs will get me 1 file with 1 line and cero text (the .idx) and wont be able to open the other one (error message on the .sub)
-changing the name of any of the .idx/.sub pairs to match the video will properly reproduce the subs (or effects when doing it with the second pair)
-trying to mix em by copy/pasting the files one after the other wont work (just randomly tried just to see if it works, i did it in order tho)
-first track seems to have the songs translation, second track the tittles and textualized sound effects and third track the subs (might have mixed the content of the first and third one tho)
-trying to mix em with vobsubs will only overwrite em instead of mixing them
-for some reason putting all the files as tasks in avirecomp with the same name seems to have worked on 1 video, but not on the others
-xvid4psp doesnt seem to recognize the .sub files
so.... thats all i've tryied so far.... help please? ^^U
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Last edited by Cabasho; 2nd Feb 2013 at 01:28. Reason: forgot some info
i dont seem to understand how to work with avisynth nor with xy-vsfilter.... sorry... i just dont understand
i tried working with aviaddxsubs and managed to make it work for the first 6 episodes using multiple pass.... but starting on the 7th it will send me error message
i also tried subtitle edit... but since its imagen subs... the OCR is going to take like forever... more than 500 lines.... 26 files.... just too much time....
also suprip doesnt seem to detect any file at all... also tries subrip... the result is even worse than with subtitledit... since it wont even recognize italics automatically...
any other suggestion? ^^U
Last edited by Cabasho; 2nd Feb 2013 at 10:21.
tried VDub already... for some reason it seems to have a problem with the audio (something about Variable Bitrate audio, tried the full processing mode and still cant reproduce it...) of the video and wont load it at all.... also dont know how to load the subs.....
1. VBR audio. Recent builds of VDub (newer than several years ago) allow the importation of AVIs with VBR MP3 audio. Just give whatever answer to the question that allows it to open.
2. Video won't load. I said it'll open XviD and DivX AVIs. For other kinds of videos there are plugins that will make it possible. Check the list at the VDub page on this site. You have to know what you have before you can do anything with it.
3. Can't load the subs. You have to have the VobSub filter in the list of filters available in VDub. Stick it in the plugins folder of VDub if it's not there already.
1. i did that... still wouldnt open... i'm reencoding the video with mp3 audio this time since it seems it had wav audio (wich is alder than mp3 so it should still open it, but meh, i'll still give it a try)
2. the video does load, just wont reproduce unless i select the "no audio option" no matter what option i choose... also i AM working with Avi... pretty sure the vid codec is XViD (will check again just in case)
3. i have the VobSub Filter, i just dont know how to manage this programs since i have never used them before, so no idea how to config it... still trying to pull the sub file onto the video ended up on an error message about not been able to read it....
btw... tryied with the AddAviXSubs again for another batch of videos (also with the .sub/.idx files) but for some reason the program went on perfectly without problems still in the end i got no subs at all.... also checked the subs to be sure they were there and managed to reproduce them properly... i dont understand how i get to see them as independent files but am unable to harsub them...
1. WAV audio isn't Variable Bitrate so whatever problem you have with the audio, either it isn't about WAV audio or it isn't about VBR audio.
2. Direct Stream the audio.
3. Load the VobSub filter and open your IDX/SUB file Load it three times if you have 3 subs to load. When done, check the right side video to make sure it's showing subs.
1) copy from the error message:
[!] AVI: Variable bitrate (VBR) audio detected. VBR audio in AVI is
non-standard and you may encounter sync errors up to 0ms when attempting
to extract WAV files or playing in some players. If this is a problem, use
Full Processing mode is recommended to decompress or recompress the audio.
(This warning can be disabled in Options, Preferences, AVI. bitrate: 224.0
± 0.0 kbps)
2) as i said, that didnt work, changing the audio codec seemd to have work tho so that's no longer a problem
3) as i said i have no idea how to do that, each time i try to install the VobSub and choose the VirtualDub location, the installer freezes and stops working (can install the VobSub, just cant do it with the pluggins) so i have no way to add the idx/subs...
seriously, i'm trying whatever you tell me and nothing is working... is there any other way to get the vobsub pluggins into virtualdub OR any other way to put the subs into the avi file?
ok, done that, still cant find the way to load or open the .idx or .sub into the video tho... selecting the "open" option wont show the subs on the navigator, dragging them to the program gives me another error message... and cant find any other option that might work....
You don't know how to use filters in VDub?
OK, I'll take you through it slowly. Open the video. Hit 'Video' at the top of the VDub screen. Make sure you're in 'Full Processing' mode. Go Video->Filters. Hit 'Add'. Double-click on 'VobSub 2.23'. In the new screen hit 'Open' and scroll to where your subs are. There should be 3 sets you said, 3 with the IDX extension, three with the SUB extension. Click on one of them and hit 'Open'. Hit 'OK' twice to get back to the main screen and scroll around and see if you can see the subs in the right-side screen.
You said you can't open the subs so maybe there's something wrong with them. ZIP them up and attach one set (IDX and its partner the SUB) here and I or someone else will have a look.
Last edited by manono; 3rd Feb 2013 at 13:46.
isnt that what i said like 3 answers ago?
i dont know how to manage this programs, so far i have never had the need to work with .idx/.sub files, always found a srt version or a .ssa or .ass version and for that avirecomp did all the work for me, so yeah, as i have stated a few times already, i do not know how to work with this stuffs
that's why i'm asking, to learn
thanks a lot, tried it and worked perfectly =P