VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two satellite systems (Sky & Technomate with Al Jazeera sports card) What i would like to do is watch pics from both systems at the same time on my PC. Also the best solution will not be adding an time lag in displaying the pictures as seeing them asap is vital.
    My limited understanding is there are a few routes
    1) i could use an analogue tuning card/s and connect from the Satellite boxes via the RF sockets
    2) I could get a Satellite tuner card.

This is where i'm really struggling,
    Option 1) will these cards converting the signal add an unacceptable time lag will i be able to view 2 at the same time?
    Option 2) As the channels i wish to view are encrypted both my boxes have cards so what sort of card would i need to get?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Considering Option 2) first, I know of no Satellite tuner card that has an appropiate slot for a Sky viewing card. There are several types of encryption around and I do not know off hand what one is used by the other broadcaster but, again, most now use quite more complex encryption to avoid piracy and prevent use in other receivers including PC cards.

With option 1) your only real choice is capture cards. Some have RF sockets but you would get better signals using scart/composite connections.

But why do you need to watch both at the same time ? A PC might be able to support 2 devices. Possibly one as a USB and one as an internal card.

There is always a slight delay from the receiver to the card/PC.
    Quote Quote