VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi i need to be able to record my video footage from my Panasonic sd 60 camcorder to a dvd on my macbook pro. I would like to record to the dvd on the fly. Any suggestions on how to do this as cheaply as possible would be appreciated. My camcorder does not have firewire. I have adobe production suit.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recording to DVD "on the fly". Nope.

Pop the SD card from the camcorder into your MBP. Launch iDVD and tell the app whether your footage is 4:3 or 16:9, then pick a theme. Drop the videos from the SD card into iDVD's window. It should automatically produce a serviceable menu. If necessary, set the project specs to increase space (at the expense of quality) or vice versa if there isn't much footage. Save the project. Then save the project as a disk image. iDVD will then go through and render everything, then author the structure and, finally, create a ".dmg" file which may be burned to a DVD with Disk Utility. Why do it this way instead of burning within iDVD? If there's a problem, you just created a coaster. If the project gets as far as the ".dmg" file, you should then have no trouble burning as many copies as you need.

If you don't have iDVD, there are other solutions (and others may suggest them) but, frankly, iDVD is the easiest method. Scrounge up a copy of iLife'11 if you don't have your original Apple DVDs.
    Quote Quote