VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    When I leave the audio track selection on Default, it sometimes picks some other random track and not the one it is saying is the default. When I manually select the track (even if it says it is the same one as the default) it does use the right one. What gives?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The tracks may not be labeled correctly for the software to recognize them on some videos.
    Also where the video comes from can make a difference. In the US, I sometimes get foreign videos that default to the country of origin language track, even though all the menus, disc and sleeve info is in English. But someone else here may have better information.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    The problem is not the track that it chooses as the Default, the problem is that it doesn't actually USE the track it says it has chosen. In fact, if you are breaking up chapters into separate files, it even sometimes uses different audio tracks for each chapter!
    For example, a title may have three tracks:
    [80] English 'AC3' 6 chs
    [81] English 'AC3' 2 chs
    [82] Deutsch 'AC3' 6 chs

Supposing it has chosen the default as:
    DEF: [80] English 'AC3' 6 chs
    If you leave this selection, it sometimes uses other tracks instead. I can send you a copy of a disk that it does it with, if you promise it can be fixed?
    Quote Quote