VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Version 1.5.34023 seems to be the last one where this key command (SHIFT+Backspace) works for me (e.g. it jumps the to the middle of the file as expected). In all newer versions this key command jumps to the end of the file (seems to be happening both in 32bit and 64bit versions) although menu command (right click -> Playback -> Jump (to) -> Middle) works fine.
    Am I the only one experiencing this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. bump
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know how many others are experiencing it, but I've used potplayer in windows (definitely not my favorite BTW) and I've seen features dropped on "updates". Personally I think they're just one of those concerns that makes endless unnecessary updates to try to get more revenue.

If it really bugs you that much why don't you just uninstall it and install the older one? Since they make many needless updates, what would you lose?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes it really "bugs" me and I did stay with 1.5.34023 because of that, although not all the newer updates are "needless".
    The point of my post here was to find out whether I am the only one experiencing this, and if not then how this could be fixed / properly reported.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Works here with 1.5.35238
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Works here with 1.5.35238
    You mean that pressing Shift+Backspace on your keyboard does jump the playback to the middle of the file being played?

I just installed latest 1.5.35431 and the problem still persists. I redefined keyboard shortcuts for jumping to middle / end as Ctrl+Up / Down in Preferences and this way I can use my keyboard for jumping - tt's just those predefined default shortcuts are not working (for me).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Johnny B View Post
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Works here with 1.5.35238
    You mean that pressing Shift+Backspace on your keyboard does jump the playback to the middle of the file being played?

I just installed latest 1.5.35431 and the problem still persists. I redefined keyboard shortcuts for jumping to middle / end as Ctrl+Up / Down in Preferences and this way I can use my keyboard for jumping - tt's just those predefined default shortcuts are not working (for me).
    You ticked "Ignore default shortcut keys". Or you messed up something else.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by mzso
    You ticked "Ignore default shortcut keys".
    No I did not (then none of the keyboard shortcuts would work at all)

Originally Posted by mzso
    Or you messed up something else.
    No way. How could I "mess up" anything if simple reinstallation of 1.5.34023 brings the functionality back? Then if I install any newer version over it -> it does not work. Then if I install 1.5.34023 over that newer version again, it works again (I do not perform any other steps than simply proceeding the installation process)
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Currently I have PotPlayer.dll version 1.5.35238.0.

The default keyb shortcut Shift+Backspace actually triggers "goto 30 secs before the end".

Workaround: ADD a custom keyb shortcut (for example, Shift+F12).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Currently I have PotPlayer.dll version 1.5.35238.0.

The default keyb shortcut Shift+Backspace actually triggers "goto 30 secs before the end".

Workaround: ADD a custom keyb shortcut (for example, Shift+F12).
    Then I am NOT the only one - welcome to the club
    Yeah, as I wrote earlier, to add a custom keyboard shortcut is a workaround.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Johnny B View Post
    You ticked "Ignore default shortcut keys".
    No I did not (then none of the keyboard shortcuts would work at all)

Or you messed up something else.
    No way. How could I "mess up" anything if simple reinstallation of 1.5.34023 brings the functionality back? Then if I install any newer version over it -> it does not work. Then if I install 1.5.34023 over that newer version again, it works again (I do not perform any other steps than simply proceeding the installation process)
    Maybe the default hotkey was simply removed.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by mzso
    Maybe the default hotkey was simply removed.
    I don't think they did intentionally - otherwise they would report about it (they did report introduction of these shortcuts for version 1.5.32392 as seen here http://www.dvbsupport.net/info/potplayer.html
    Also, if you use your mouse (right click) and go Playback > Jump (to) menu you can see the keyboard shortcuts are still assigned AND if you choose to jump this way (e.g. via mouse) PotPlayer jumps just fine.
    Quote Quote