VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Panasonic DMR-XW390 dvd recorder/player that is region 4 only. How do I convert it to accept other regions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there are no hacks for this player. please note that not all dvd players can be hacked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Enter your model number here:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

If you don't find your model listed here try google or bing or yahoo.

If there isn't a hack available for it you'll have to rip your dvds in order to make them region free.

However you might run into pal vs ntsc issues. That is a different story however. But if they are the same format simply rip the dvd and burn it and you'll have it ready to play on any dvd player (any dvd player that can read the burnt disc that is - ancient first generation dvd players would have problems with - or + r discs but anything in the last half dozen years or more should have no problem with either).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could you explain what 'rip the dvd' and 'burn the disc' means? How is this done? As you can see, I am new at all this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Zuzanna - You can also try this since you live in Australia. We've had reports that because of some kind of Aussie law that manufacturers will often provide unlock information or simply do the work to unlock players at no charge for Australians. Contact Panasonic's Australian support office and ask them for help if you can't find an unlock code on the internet. Panasonic is not what they used to be and they've closed down repair/support offices in many countries. If they do not have any offices in Australia, you can still ask the closest office to Australia that they have, but they may not be willing to help you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. I shall try to see if Panasonic will help.
    Quote Quote