VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm learning the VSDC video editor but am having trouble getting the filter function to work. I can put it on the timeline, but the desired effect does not show in the video preview. The help says "After applying settings to the object (not to effect) set it position on the scene's editor", but I have no idea what that means. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks.
    -Greg
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think the preview shows any effects. Have you tried output?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I don't think the preview shows any effects. Have you tried output?
    Yes, but it's not there either. Since my first post I discovered that the video effects will work as expected only when applied to the contents of the "Video" tab. That's very strange, since the video itself is on the "Sprite" tab. Makes no sense to me. Thanks for your respose.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    click on sprite1- creates one more tab-click on that you will find video on time line- select that and then editor video effects -select effect you want- click on that to put it on time line- select effect and look at properties window-edit values in properties window/tab
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you've got the effect on the timeline, you're almost there. You just need to first click on the effect on the timeline, then open the Properties window in the right column to adjust the properties of the effect. This linked YouTube tutorial video shows several different effects being applied to a chroma key video clip within VSDC. Watch how each effect was individually adjusted in the properties window:
    Quote Quote