VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently purchased "Vob2Mpg Pro".

The software contains an option called "Recalculate GOP timecodes".

What is the purpose or usage of this option?

I have searched the site & this forum, but there are only mentions of...not explanations of what this is, or when to use it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    in vobs the gop timecode movie's timecode doesn't alway start with zero or proceed linearly. the resulting mpegs will show up in programs with the wrong length, etc.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. aedipuss,

For example, I use the software to extract chapters-to-mpg's...from traditional DVD folders.

Should I ALWAYS enable the correction option?
    Or can the option sometimes cause harm...and I should only enable it in special situations?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i've always left it on. it's takes a little extra time but it can only help,
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the replies!

I will leave it turned on then, for all future projects.
    Quote Quote  
  6. UPDATE:

Some readers may wonder why I never saw the explanation of this option via the help tips built-into the software.

I use this software on an HTPC, where the font is enlarged. I have just realized that this enlarged font causes some display problems in the software. Specifically, the "help" tips & audio selection drop-down do not appear.

After using this software on a normal laptops, I am able to see the help tips (and audio options) properly.
    Quote Quote