VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi

i have a secondhand advc 300 without a manual which i cannot find. its capuring quite 'dark' and i fear that the settings need tweaking but can see no way of doing it from the combination of buttons that ive pressed so far - any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since its Christmas.....
    Image Attached Thumbnails ADVC300.pdf  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks and merry xmas!
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you have the disc that comes with it, you can make the adjustments in software on the computer. But I guess you don't have the disc either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As manono states, the ADVC 300 usually comes with Picture Controller software. Then you can make adjustments through your PC rather than by pressing the buttons. You will need to set a dip-switch (check the manual) before you can do this.

As for the software 'Santa' posted this to the forum a few months back - if the person who requested it got it he never thanked me for it. It is here....

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/347744-Canopus-ADVC-HELP-REQUIRED?p=2178949&viewful...=1#post2178949
    Quote Quote  
  6. Gee, aren't you in the giving mood these days? Yes, just set the dip switch and use the software. Watch the preview video and have the changes take place in real time. I don't use anything but the ones for brightness/contrast/levels/saturation and the like, but it's still very useful.

Make sure to thank the nice man, devdev. You've been given really good presents for Christmas.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah well yes. thank you all. very handy to know but as you say - i don't have the sw unfortunately. i have however tried to make sense of (poorly written) manual and i kind have sorted issue that i had of too dark a capture.

thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  8. I suggest that you look at the thread DB83 linked. The software is there.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...=1#post2178949
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As for the manual, it is not poorly written. It is written with the assumption that the user of this device would have a grounding in the knowldege of digital video.

Canopus used to have a forum, not sure if it still exists, and there was a topic on there IIRC that explained in more simple, basic terms, what all the various settings, controls were supposed to do.

But I will also echo manono here and just restict your video adjustments to brightness, contrast etc. The settings on the second Video Tab really do not work as intended.

And, once more, as for the software COUGH !!!!!!
    Quote Quote