VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    G'day guys.

I turned on my PC and the black screen with "No Bootable Partition In Table" was all I got. I had been working on it before and turned it off for about two hours. I open the box and connected a backup driver with the OS and it fired up fine; updated the antivirus and the graphic card driver. I had a look at the data drive and all was there. Turned it off and connected the main drive as secondary and everything was there. I tried to boot again the main drive and black screen with the message again. Tried the spare drive again and black screen with "No Bootable Partition In Table".

Is there any way to fix this problem? It's got me buggered. I have two partitions with W7 32 and W7 64 in them. I was just bragging a few days ago that I had never had issues with dual booting. Now I have it.

I will greatly appreciate some help.

I don't think Windows install disk would fix the problem as it happens before Windows starts. Maybe BIOS???

The drives are spinning OK.

Thank you guys for reading

John
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps Testdisk from CGsecurity,org - assuming the partition table is damaged, it has analysis mode that looks through the whole drive
    to find the start and end of any found partitions. Then it gives you the option to update the partition table based on what it found.
    See this for an example of how it works:
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step

Or possibly Acronis Disk Director, commercial product.
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/#acronis-recovery-expert
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I`ve fixed a few problems with the install disk , I had installed everything (dual boot wise) with my W32 as the master but booting with the W64 disk didnt work , had to use the W32 disk to do it .
    Llamas are for life , not just for christmas
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I am not seeing at all why you would want to dual boot 32 and 64 bit versions of Win 7. Just pick one and live with it. I have the 64 bit one and it's fine.

I can't personally recommend dual booting from the SAME drive. You do understand that a hard drive failure can kill BOTH partitions, don't you? I'm not really into single points of failure scenarios, but that's just me. If you insist on dual booting, it would really be best to have truly separate drives.

Here's one possible fix.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4836283_repair-mbr-windows.html
    If you attempt this, you should probably try it after removing any external attached USB devices.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    G'day jman98. Thank you for your answer.

The only reason I did go for dual boot was at the beginning of W7 for software compatibility. Some of my Cam Cad software and other programs would not function on W7 64 nor running as WXP in W7 64. As I said before never had problems since you are given a choice to boor from the desired OS. You can transfer, copy, cut, pate files from either partition, as long as you don't try to run a program form the non boot OS. I still have different software on the different partitions. I guess Is time to follow your advice and stay with 64 bit.

I was also looking at a Gigabyte Motherboard with USB3 ports and an Intel CPU. My mouth was dribbling while reading the specs. May Father Christmas be good to me.

Mate. Thank you for the link, I'll bi trying all the suggestions above and keep you all posted on the progress.

Thank you for all your help and I wish you all a very Safe and Happy Christmas with all your families.

John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    G'day

I found the problem and the PC is working OK now. It wasn't the dual boot. It was the secondary (data) drive Rooted. I had most of the data backed up, but not all. Fortunately I have another identical working HD with OS back up and I intend to swap the platters over. I have access to a clean-room at Tech College Precision Measurements Lab. I tried swapping the circuit boards and it didn't worked either.

Replaced the data drive with WD 1T.

I have never had a WD HDD gone dead. Only Seagate ones. Funny that.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just last week I had a WD HDD fail but haven't yet had a Seagate one fail. Just luck which might fail I think, and any brand is subject to fail. Glad you got it fixed.
    Quote Quote