VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so I'm trying to create a bootable Windows 7 System Repair disc, so I can put pc image onto a new drive. I have treid 3 times 2 on cd 1 on dvd and none have created a bootable repair disc.I'm using the Windows 7 Create a System Repair disc wizard. When I boot from the newly created cd, I get an error Non-System disk or disk error, replace and press any key, I try the other cd and dvd, I get ERROR: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.

If I open the cd in explorer I can see the files are on the cd:

Boot (folder)
    efi (folder)
    sources (folder)
    bootmgr.efi (file)
    Last edited by Denvers Dawgs; 18th Dec 2012 at 20:15.
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to create both "repair" and "system image" discs ... boot from the repair, choose option to restore from an image file, eject repair disc and insert backup image disc and away you go ... that's how its done
    Quote Quote  
  3. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've already created the System Image Discs (4 dvds), and the Windows System Repair disc (cd). The issue is after creating the repair disc (3 separate tries all successful by windows) I am unable to boot from the repair disc. (But I can see that the files have been created on the repair disc) When I put any of the newly created repair discs into the cd/dvd drive I get a black screen with error Non-System disk or disk error, replace and press any key
    Last edited by Denvers Dawgs; 19th Dec 2012 at 07:57.
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First thing to do is grab a copy of macrium reflect and an external hd with plenty of space and make a master backup ... in case one of those windows master image discs go pear shape.

If you use imgburn and insert the repair disc, click create an image file from disc ... wait ... then in next pane it should indicate if its bootable or not.

If image burn identifies the boot disc as not bootable, you should be able to download an iso (32bit or 64bit) ... from microsoft which is where I got one for a client a while back and burn it to cd ... make sure you use quality media if your optical drive has done a lot of work ... Ive seen success message where discs failed before and it comes down to wear and tear.

Beware when booting ... not all systems are equal and to avoid bugs I generally disable hd boot option when doing image backup restore and re-enable it once completed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Any Windows 7 install DVD have include System Repair option same as in System Repair disc:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	windows-7Rp.png
Views:	1777
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	15302

for more info: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win7-windows-7-mbr,10036.html
    Quote Quote