VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey.

When I load hebrew subtitles to SW4, it shows gibberish even after changing the charset.
    I know the subs work because they do display well with VLC.

Here's the file:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9202337/Breaking.Bad.S05E01.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.srt

Can you tell what's the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know how to do it in SW4, but in Subtitle Edit you can try this: File -> Import subtitle with manually chosen encoding...

I prefer utf-8 and think ANSI is a big hack - here's a long but nice explanation: http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2012/06/06/all-about-unicode-utf8-character-sets/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you.
    SE works.

Off topic, I find working with SE a little less convenient. Doesn't have the Shift+H/N feature.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't have the Shift+H/N feature.
    OK, what's does Shift+H/N do?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just moves the selected lines 0.1 seconds late/early.
    In SE you have to set a time you want to move the subs, click enter, check if it's ok etc..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GbeTech View Post
    Just moves the selected lines 0.1 seconds late/early.
    In SE you have to set a time you want to move the subs, click enter, check if it's ok etc..
    OK, thx for the info.
    I mostly use the waveform/spectrogram in SE, and then ctrl+shift+left-click to set the start of current subtitle + offset the rest.
    In SE (the new 3.3 at least) you can set shortcuts for moving 100ms forward/back: Options -> Settings -> Shortcuts:Adjust
    Last edited by Nikse; 16th Dec 2012 at 08:56. Reason: Fixed shortcut
    Quote Quote