VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. To be honest, Im not sure if this problem started when I updated my iTunes (quicktime update was included, I think) or was it present before, but lately Ive been getting semi-transparent grey color over every video file I play.

The only time I can actually see the footage is when I choose windowed renderer in the output menu.

I have a 1080p monitor, so if I open some older video file and stretch it to full screen in MPC, it doesn't smooth out anything...it pixelates.

Im running W7x64, is there a way I can clean up my codecs, fix this issue and give MPCHC a clean install without grey and pixel problems?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How does it look with VLC?
    Quote Quote  
  3. VLC works fine, which is the problem because I'm used to MPC, been using it for years
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Reinstall windows.

No, I have no good tips....other than try different output renderers in the settings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen this problem with mixing renderer 9 (windowless) in XP. Never got to the bottom of it,
    just deleted mpc-hc's preferences out of the registry and allowed it to start fresh.

That particular renderer is the "recommended" renderer for XP, according to MPC-HC.
    I'm running version 1.6.4.6052, and so far it has not re-occurred.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    just deleted mpc-hc's preferences out of the registry and allowed it to start fresh.
    how can i do this, i suppose uninstalling via control panel isn't enough?
    Quote Quote  
  7. After uninstalling MPCHC, check the Registry and delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest if it's there.
    Quote Quote  
  8. reinstalled...all fine now
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Great.

Of course I meant reinstall mpchc.

Quote Quote