VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    When I make the text in MaestroSBT it becomes prefect and has a 2px black outline. But when I open it in DVD-Lab Pro it disappears. Even when a pressed big outline in DVD-Lab. What is wrong?

I had an srt file, konverted to SSA and with MaestroSBT to SST.
    Using Windows BMP RGB
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In my subtitle workflow I discovered a 2-pixel bug which may be the cause here. I use MaestroSBT to generate Scenarist .sst-format subtitles for GUI for dvdauthor/muxman. I worked through the workflow and settings carefully, and no matter how illogical it sounds, I lose a 2-pixel border unless I check 'Minus 2'.

The full settings that work for .sst 720x576 PAL subtitles:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MaestroSBT 720X576 PAL settings.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	15116  

Quote Quote  
  3. A bug? Isn't Minus 2 the default setting? It is for me (making subs for NTSC). All my BMPs wind up 720x478. In fact, I believe yours (PAL) are supposed to be 'Minus 3'. I could easily be wrong about that, but when I change my MaestroSBT to your 720x576 PAL/SECAM, the check is then beside Minus 3.

But maybe you're right that it's the reason for the OP's problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fvisagie View Post
    In my subtitle workflow I discovered a 2-pixel bug which may be the cause here. I use MaestroSBT to generate Scenarist .sst-format subtitles for GUI for dvdauthor/muxman. I worked through the workflow and settings carefully, and no matter how illogical it sounds, I lose a 2-pixel border unless I check 'Minus 2'.

The full settings that work for .sst 720x576 PAL subtitles:
    What version of MaestroSBT do you use?

I haven't re-installed DVD-lab Pro yet, but the SST bitmaps generated by MaestroSBT 2.6.0.0 do show the default 2-pixel outlines when opened with MSPaint, regardless of the Minus-2 or Minus-3 checkboxes's status.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    What version of MaestroSBT do you use?

I haven't re-installed DVD-lab Pro yet, but the SST bitmaps generated by MaestroSBT 2.6.0.0 do show the default 2-pixel outlines when opened with MSPaint, regardless of the Minus-2 or Minus-3 checkboxes's status.
    The same version as you. And I agree with you and Manono, this doesn't make sense, but does work.

For sure the bitmaps get generated correctly. If memory serves (it was a long time ago that I figured this out), the issue was with the generated .sst script, and/or the combination of that and the bitmaps and the way muxman interprets the lot. (Edit: I.e., the bug, if any, may very well be with muxman in my case.) The .sst script lines
    Code:
    Pixel_Area    (0 573)
    Display_Area    (0 2 719 575)
    ring a bell...

Anyway, seeing that the magical "number 2" came up I thought let me just share my experience in case by some chance Walruss' problem is related.
    Last edited by fvisagie; 11th Dec 2012 at 06:14. Reason: Clarification
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes when I open BMP files they have an outline and the text is perfect. But when I open the SST in DVD-Lab Pro the outline just disappears.

Is there an easier way to keep the italic subs in DVD-Lab Pro?
    Last edited by walruss; 20th Dec 2012 at 19:43.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by walruss View Post
    Yes when I open BMP files they have an outline and the text is perfect. But when I open the SST in DVD-Lab Pro the outline just disappears.
    Try fiddling with the Pixel_Area and Display_Area values in the .sst script, before opening in DVD-Lab Pro.
    Quote Quote