VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody

I have a internal Slimtype dvd a ds8a8sh on my laptop asus k50 series with windows 7 home
    amd processor, ati radeon video card + 4 gig of RAM .
    The dvd player/recorder it worked correctly until some time ago
    now i have a issue quite unusual and weird
    - the dvd DOES Not recognize/read any DVD video original (bought in shop , any movie etc)
    - the dvd player does read instead DVD+r and - R . does not read instead DVD RW
    - i h ave installed VLC and associate this program in windows7 for playing automaticall the dvd inserted in the drive. the autoplay works and they have been played (*only +r or - r as said)
    - but the issue is that also, even if I associated the vlc program to the dvd drive, it works only with autoplay; i mean, if i miss and skip autoplay, closing it. and want to play the dvd clicking on the icon, it says a n error of windows ""File does not have a program associated" and that is not true! i associated VLC as said above. so i wonder what is this weird beahviour. actually i am quite confused

Another clue: yesterday i took dvd-r tdk and tried to burn but it does not:
    the process start, though. go to the end but then a msg appear "unable to close the disk" . Those happens when the writing process reach 99 %
    It is quite frustrating, though
    The dvd remain blank and with no data written.
    so tonite i will try to unthick the option "close the dvd"

Please. anyone has a clue or has already encountered this issue?
    Last edited by greenfield; 5th Dec 2012 at 04:10. Reason: correction
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our dvd writers section. The recorders section are for desktop recorders.

Can you browse original dvd-video with windows explorer? Or does it just say empty or similar?
    Quote Quote  
  3. HI Baldrick.

thanks for your reply
    It shows empty drives both with explorer both with trying to open it from VLC player (open disc option)
    When i put the dvd video (original) in the drive, makes a hint of start , plus typical noise (whirring) lasting 1 second then...dead
    and , infact. the dvd is not seen.
    oppositely with dvd video on a +r or -r format, they start with autoplay, running in VLC
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear friends,

My problem is quite different of that above. I have an ASUS Notebook Model N46V that is equiped with the Slimtype DVD-A-DS8A8SH, which is still not used, thus its region is not defined yet. Anyway, as I have media from different countries (mainly of Regions 1 and 4 - I live in Brazil), I would like to have a help in order to unlock the device. Is there anybody that can help me?

Best Regards,

Costa Jr.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use a software that removes region codecs like anydvd.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I will try.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And thank you for your attention.
    Quote Quote