VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. 1080p is a rather common thing to find in a $100-$200 capture card these days. For me, the top of the line in this range is either the Black Magic Intensity Pro or the Avermedia Live Gamer HD...but there's a problem. These cards only capture at 30fps (technically BMIP will do 1080i60, but not p, so it's really only the same 30fps that Avermedia will record at). I'm looking for a capture device that will record HDMI at 1080p60. Most cards that I find are bank-breakers, including the top end of the Black Magic lineup (the two 'DeckLink extreme' models) and various other cards, but they all cost around $1k and I'm not sure about spending that kind of money without recommendations from others. What are your thoughts? Do you know of any 1080p60 cards out there that are worth their price?

Thanks!
    Last edited by nicksampson00; 3rd Dec 2012 at 15:02.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nicksampson00 View Post
    1080p is a rather common thing to find in a $100-$200 capture card these days. For me, the top of the line in this range is either the Black Magic Intensity Pro or the Avermedia Live Gamer HD...but there's a problem. These cards only capture at 30fps (technically BMIP will do 1080i60, but not p, so it's really only the same 30fps that Avermedia will record at). I'm looking for a capture device that will record HDMI at 1080p60. Most cards that I find are bank-breakers, including the top end of the Black Magic lineup (the two 'DeckLink extreme' models) and various other cards, but they all cost around $1k and I'm not sure about spending that kind of money without recommendations from others. What are your thoughts? Do you know of any 1080p60 cards out there that are worth their price?

Thanks!
    There are a few capture devices in your price range that have a pass-through for 1080p60 and capture 1080p60 as 1080p30, but none whatsoever that have specs listing capture at 1080p60. Since I don't think you are interested in something that captures 1080p60 as 1080p30, I won't bother digging up the links for them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SKYNET MONSTER XX

The only 1080p@60 I know

Look here: http://www.sknet-web.co.jp/english/mvxx/specification.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_main.jpg
Views:	11376
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	14968

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    1080p is a rather common thing to find in a $100-$200 capture card these days. For me, the top of the line in this range is either the Black Magic Intensity Pro or the Avermedia Live Gamer HD...but there's a problem. These cards only capture at 30fps (technically BMIP will do 1080i60, but not p, so it's really only the same 30fps that Avermedia will record at). I'm looking for a capture device that will record HDMI at 1080p60. Most cards that I find are bank-breakers, including the top end of the Black Magic lineup (the two 'DeckLink extreme' models) and various other cards, but they all cost around $1k and I'm not sure about spending that kind of money without recommendations from others. What are your thoughts? Do you know of any 1080p60 cards out there that are worth their price?

Thanks!
    There are a few capture devices in your price range that have a pass-through for 1080p60 and capture 1080p60 as 1080p30, but none whatsoever that have specs listing capture at 1080p60. Since I don't think you are interested in something that captures 1080p60 as 1080p30, I won't bother digging up the links for them.
    Yeah I've seen a couple with pass-through at p60 but none that record. Thanks for the help guys, I guess you gotta dig deep in your pockets for full 1080p60 capturing :-p

Thanks for the capture card link, that one isn't terribly priced at about 600 USD, but there's no pass-through at all on that card, something I was hoping for. Looks like I'm looking for a card that just doesn't exist in a low price range, good to know I'll probably set my sights on the Black Magic DeckLink Extreme cards, or are there any other recommendations for top-end capture cards?
    Quote Quote  
  5. HDMI to HD-SDI converter + HD-SDI recording card (or even 3Gbps SDI is required for 1080p60)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Thanks!
    Yeah I've seen a couple with pass-through at p60 but none that record. Thanks for the help guys, I guess you gotta dig deep in your pockets for full 1080p60 capturing :-p

Thanks for the capture card link, that one isn't terribly priced at about 600 USD, but there's no pass-through at all on that card, something I was hoping for. Looks like I'm looking for a card that just doesn't exist in a low price range, good to know I'll probably set my sights on the Black Magic DeckLink Extreme cards, or are there any other recommendations for top-end capture cards?
    If you wanted to try the MonsterX card, you could use a powered HDMI splitter to get around the lack of a pass-through. I have not heard that a powered HDMI splitter introduces any delay, and they are not terribly expensive.
    Here is an example: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=...seq=1&format=2
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I wanna blow the bank on that MonsterXX, but I don't know where to buy one. Anyone know a place that ships to North America?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    HDMI to HD-SDI converter + HD-SDI recording card (or even 3Gbps SDI is required for 1080p60)
    Prices below assume you are able to get rock-bottom best deals on everything.

http://www.adorama.com/VDBMBCH2S.html ($280)
    + http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/766060-REG/Blackmagic_Design_BDLKS4K_DeckLink_4K.html ($565 estimated)
    + HDMI splitter ($20)
    + HDMI cables ($10)
    + SDI cable ($20)
    = $895 (free shipping at least!)
    + HDCP stripper ($65 estimated)
    = $960
    IF NOT IN USA: shipping ($30 estimated) + import costs ($5 + 5%, for example)
    = $1043 estimated

That is the only Blackmagic card that supports 1080p60, and it isn't even out yet! The capture card supports 16 channels of audio, but the HDMI to HD-SDI converter can only support 2 channels. Such a waste. The converter also only does YUV 4:2:2 (YUV 4:4:4 up to 1080p29.97).

So even spending that crazy amount of money and chaining a bunch of shit together you've still got compromises being made. The MonsterXX looks reasonable by comparison.

Alternatives:
    http://www.datapath.co.uk/products/video-capture-cards/visionrgb-e1s ($900-1000) (YUV 4:2:2 and RGB 8:8:8, no audio at all)
    http://www.datapath.co.uk/products/video-capture-cards/visionav ($1500) (YUV 4:2:2 and RGB 8:8:8, audio, analog capture as a bonus)
    Last edited by Brad; 4th Dec 2012 at 15:35.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    HDMI to HD-SDI converter + HD-SDI recording card (or even 3Gbps SDI is required for 1080p60)

= $1043 estimated

That is the only Blackmagic card that supports 1080p60, and it isn't even out yet! The capture card supports 16 channels of audio, but the HDMI to HD-SDI converter can only support 2 channels. Such a waste. The converter also only does YUV 4:2:2 (YUV 4:4:4 up to 1080p29.97).

So even spending that crazy amount of money and chaining a bunch of shit together you've still got compromises being made. The MonsterXX looks reasonable by comparison.

So perhaps HDMI to VGA converter and later analog VGA capture (at least 60p progressive - perhaps 1280x1024 max but anyway 60fps)? I agree that HD-SDI is expensive however 1080p60 and overall HD capturing is expensive...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Eww, analog! Death to analog, pandy.

I disagree that overall HD capture is expensive. At the low end we have the AVerMedia HD DVR which thanks to two different exploits can capture HDCP-encrypted video in either uncompressed, lossless, or lossy. Only downside is it converts everything to 4:2:2.

Then the next step up, same manufacturer, we get 1080p59.94 and 1080p60 input, but both are decimated to 1080p30.00 (this is bad with the common 59.94 input, since it means jerkiness is inherently going to happen every 33.33 seconds). I would like to know if the other devices that decimate to "1080p30" share this flaw.

AVerMedia HD DVR: $93 (YUV 4:2:2 autoconversion, 720p60 and 1080i60 max)
    AVerMedia Game Broadcaster HD: $140 (YUV 4:2:2 autoconversion, 1080p60 max input but decimated to 1080p30.0)

High affordable. It's only when we get into the next step up, the cream of the crop, the golden jewel: real 1080p60 capture, that we jump up big time in price.

Of course if you were someone who decided any capture card that doesn't do RGB 8:8:8 capture isn't worth your time and you will only accept 100% mathematically exact input-to-file creation, then I would agreed that any HD capturing would be expensive.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Why?

IMHO analog provide quite comparable quality to digital - sometimes from subjective point of view better.

Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post

I disagree that overall HD capture is expensive. At the low end we have the AVerMedia HD DVR which thanks to two different exploits can capture HDCP-encrypted video in either uncompressed, lossless, or lossy. Only downside is it converts everything to 4:2:2.
    Yes, consumer format capture cards are affordable priced but we talking about 1080p60 solution which is not very popular even in studios because there is no consumer market with general support for 1080p60, amount of video sources is also very limited (mostly synthetic generation, some cameras)

Then the next step up, same manufacturer, we get 1080p59.94 and 1080p60 input, but both are decimated to 1080p30.00 (this is bad with the common 59.94 input, since it means jerkiness is inherently going to happen every 33.33 seconds). I would like to know if the other devices that decimate to "1080p30" share this flaw.
    There is very limited amount of video sources that produce real, usable 1080p60 thus no market for capture devices especially that most 1080p60 sources provide recorded content in digital way - easy to transfer or to copy.

AVerMedia HD DVR: $93 (YUV 4:2:2 autoconversion, 720p60 and 1080i60 max)
    AVerMedia Game Broadcaster HD: $140 (YUV 4:2:2 autoconversion, 1080p60 max input but decimated to 1080p30.0)

High affordable. It's only when we get into the next step up, the cream of the crop, the golden jewel: real 1080p60 capture, that we jump up big time in price.

Of course if you were someone who decided any capture card that doesn't do RGB 8:8:8 capture isn't worth your time and you will only accept 100% mathematically exact input-to-file creation, then I would agreed that any HD capturing would be expensive.
    No consumer 1080p60 video sources no market for 1080p60 capture devices. This rule is quite simple.

Perhaps HDMI anyway is not a good interface - there is better alternative as DP for example http://www.unigraf.fi/products/video-capture-and-streaming/ufg-06-nopea
    Last edited by pandy; 6th Dec 2012 at 05:36.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not quite. All a/v sources start in life as analog. Conversion to digital is a storage and digital duplication process, and not an especially accurate one. And in the final analysis, all a/v is reconverted from digital to analog for playback. Ever heard of a DAC? So until we humans have another 35 million years of evolution to go through before physically developing "digital" sensory organs, your eyes and ears and nervous response system are 100% analog. They can't do a thing with 0's and 1's. That PC monitor, HDTV, speakers....they're all digital-to-analog devices in the end.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 09:13.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For all practical purposes it is "death to analog video connections", whether one likes it or not. Since most consumers as well as content providers demand HDMI, and manufacturers are happy to cut costs, the fate of analog video connections is sealed at this point.

As far as the makers of PC capture equipment are concerned, it looks like the development of new consumer Mac/PC capture devices for recording TV or digitizing analog tapes has become an afterthought. Most new capture devices I have seen of late have primarily been designed and marketed for video game capture.

The number of posts here at Video Help asking for consumer 1080p60 or 1080p50 HDMI capture devices from video gamers who want to capture 1080p output from PC games and game consoles also point to a stronger demand for that type of capture product.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, you're right. I saw it comin', and spent 8 years building and collecting analog hardware old and (fairly) new. The worst of it is LCD, which I find impossible to overcome. The guy who thought of a way to make displays out of those tiny cholesterol beads must have been the greatest con artist of all time. Oh well, maybe OLED will happen...eventually, and some of this will look credible again. Meanwhile, it's work with what you have.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Why?

IMHO analog provide quite comparable quality to digital - sometimes from subjective point of view better.
    Since you're talking about a personal preference all I can say is that I don't share it, at all.

I have tried 1080p from PS3 over component and the detail was terrible compared to HDMI. Several people have reported the same problem using the AVerMedia Game Capture HD's component input.

Now you might say that I just used bad component cables, and you would be correct, but I can literally buy a $2 HDMI from the local dollar store that provides 100% accurate reproduction of the 1080p signal. So how is analog superior if I have pay more just to get something close to the same thing? (Please do not pipe in here, Sanlyn, unless you can provide factual evidence rather than observations. Thanks.).

Yes, consumer format capture cards are affordable priced but we talking about 1080p60 solution which is not very popular even in studios because there is no consumer market with general support for 1080p60, amount of video sources is also very limited (mostly synthetic generation, some cameras)
    Current-generation video game consoles, PC games, and most current consumer camcorders.

There is very limited amount of video sources that produce real, usable 1080p60 thus no market for capture devices especially that most 1080p60 sources provide recorded content in digital way - easy to transfer or to copy.
    See above. AVCHD is highly compressed compared to the HDMI output of the same camcorders.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    Not quite. All a/v sources start in life as analog.
    Your definition of A/V source must be far more restrictive than mine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Game
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_synthesizer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_computer_animation_in_film_and_television
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Why?

Since you're talking about a personal preference all I can say is that I don't share it, at all.
    This is quite objective claim - normal video range in digital world is 16-235 for Y and 16 - 240 Cx, in DAC they are changed to analog signal with some level - for example 0 - 1V - from this point, with correct reconstruction filter next ADC (in TV) with corresponding antialiasing filter resample such signal - usually with use more levels than in broadcast domain, thanks to small imperfections and noise You can have more than 219 quantization steps for Y and more than 224 quantization steps for Cx signal - if You compare directly digital interface with analog then for example banding is less visible thanks to additional intermediate steps added to signal.

I have tried 1080p from PS3 over component and the detail was terrible compared to HDMI. Several people have reported the same problem using the AVerMedia Game Capture HD's component input.

Now you might say that I just used bad component cables, and you would be correct, but I can literally buy a $2 HDMI from the local dollar store that provides 100% accurate reproduction of the 1080p signal. So how is analog superior if I have pay more just to get something close to the same thing? (Please do not pipe in here, Sanlyn, unless you can provide factual evidence rather than observations. Thanks.).

Current-generation video game consoles, PC games, and most current consumer camcorders.

See above. AVCHD is highly compressed compared to the HDMI output of the same camcorders.
    Most current consumer recorders are barely able to record 30 fps - most of them use cheap and slow, small CMOS sensors - they produce plenty of noise - this is physics - show me consumer recorder with cooled sensor, show me affordable priced camera with frame transfer CMOS sensor, large enough to produce comparable signal for fast frame acquisition - 60 - 100fps - such things not exist.

You can't ignore physics.

To conclude:

My point is - people recording game consoles and providing such videos on YT are not particularly big market to start new area of business - currently this is niche market and will remain niche unless Hollywood will start big revolution and movies will be recorded with at least 60fps (which seems to be not very real for next few years).
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    Not quite. All a/v sources start in life as analog.
    Your definition of A/V source must be far more restrictive than mine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Game
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_synthesizer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_computer_animation_in_film_and_television
    Except 100% computer generated toons and CAD.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    This is quite objective claim - normal video range in digital world is 16-235 for Y and 16 - 240 Cx [...] if You compare directly digital interface with analog then for example banding is less visible thanks to additional intermediate steps added to signal.
    All a moot point since any signal that I'm going to be recording entered a digital step at some point before being delivered to me.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM

http://www.adorama.com/VDBMBCH2S.html ($280)
    + http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/766060-REG/Blackmagic_Design_BDLKS4K_DeckLink_4K.html ($565 estimated)
    + HDMI splitter ($20)
    + HDMI cables ($10)
    + SDI cable ($20)
    = $895 (free shipping at least!)
    = $960
    IF NOT IN USA: shipping ($30 estimated) + import costs ($5 + 5%, for example)
    = $1043 estimated
    Back on topic, I see there is a cheaper Blackmagic device that does 1080p60 without needing the SDI conversion. For some reason this device limits HDMI audio to 2 channels, though!

It's an external box that connects using Thunderbolt. If you don't already have a Thunderbolt computer you would need to add that expense as well:
    Wikipedia's list of Thunderbolt-compatible devices

The cheapest route is buying a motherboard and building your own system, hopefully with other parts you already possess.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/857462-REG/Blackmagic_Design_BDLKULSDEXPRESS_Ult...o_Express.html ($470)
    http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-LGA1155-CrossFireX-Motherboard-GA-Z77MX-D3H/dp/B007R21JX6 ($120)
    [--or-- http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Intel-Motherboards-Z77A-G45-Thunderbolt/dp/B009K1PXQ6 ($166)]
    + http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Celeron-G465-Processor-Cache/dp/B0093H8LIY (super-cheap, $39)
    [--or-- http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i3-2120-Dual-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B004KZDV8E ($117)]
    = $629 for the crappiest barebones UltraStudio Express computer system available

+ HDMI splitter ($20)
    + HDMI cables ($10)
    = $659
    = $724
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    This is quite objective claim - normal video range in digital world is 16-235 for Y and 16 - 240 Cx [...] if You compare directly digital interface with analog then for example banding is less visible thanks to additional intermediate steps added to signal.
    All a moot point since any signal that I'm going to be recording entered a digital step at some point before being delivered to me.
    Moot or not - gradfun + addgrain in one - purelly for free.

Any link to this mythical HDCP stripper?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    What's mythical about it? There's a thread dedicated to HDCP strippers where it is shown in video form. I don't link to it publicly.

Found this on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-PCIE-HD-CCTV-High-Def-Video-grabber-Capture-Card-...-/251187891457 ($356)

But it's only a PCIe x1 interface. I guess this is only designed for grabbing screenshots, because 200MB/sec isn't enough for a software compression card like this to do 1080p60 at full rate.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    What's mythical about it? There's a thread dedicated to HDCP strippers where it is shown in video form. I don't link to it publicly.
    But Why? if there is public discussion then i see no point to refuse point to link - i'm quite curious because such thing like HDCP stripper for 65$ is comparable to unicorn living in your neighborhood...

There are some HDMI capture card with "error" driver with "accidental" HDCP capturing - plenty of tricks however i need to buy real existing HDCP stripper thus i'm searching for myself and knowing this thread i have problem to find HDCP stripper for 65$. Can You help me?

Found this on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-PCIE-HD-CCTV-High-Def-Video-grabber-Capture-Card-...-/251187891457 ($356)

But it's only a PCIe x1 interface. I guess this is only designed for grabbing screenshots, because 200MB/sec isn't enough for a software compression card like this to do 1080p60 at full rate.
    IMHO this card have chance to be capable perform hardware compression (FPGA+large RAM on board).
    Always You can try to use something like this http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,836&Prod=ATLYS some lossless realtime compression should be possible.
    Last edited by pandy; 11th Dec 2012 at 08:17.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Figured I'd just add to this thread as I'm looking for the cheapest capture card that can record 1080p/60fps videos. So far, the potential ones I've found are:

Adlink HDV62 $975.70
    Aja KONA 3G $1,995.00
    Aja KONA LHi $1,295.00
    BlackMagic DeckLink 4K Extreme $945.25
    DataPath VisionAV $1,020.00
    DataPath VisionDVI-DL $1,464.00
    DataPath VisionRGB-E1S $705.00
    DataPath VisionRGB-E2S $1,985.00
    DataPath VisionSD4+1s
    Epiphan DVI2PCIe $999.95
    iEi HDC-301 $369.00
    iEi HDC-301E $369.00
    iEi HDC-302E $708.50
    iEi HDC-304E $1,142.90
    iEi HDC-401E $447.00
    Viewcast Osprey 920e $1,345.99
    Skynet MonsterXX
    Sinetrones VDB-510N1
    Timeleak HD100C

Unfortunately, as I'm looking for recording uncompressed 1080p/60fps so those sub $500 iEi ones don't work for me. Links for any other 1080p/60fps video cards would be greatly helpful.
    Last edited by ScardyBob; 1st May 2013 at 12:59.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by ytvideos View Post
    I ordered a PEXHDCAP PCI Express HD Video Capture Card together with the laptop on lenovo website, it costs $138 extra, free shipping to north america.
    It doesn't record as 1080p60, only 1080p30.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ScardyBob View Post
    Unfortunately, as I'm looking for recording uncompressed 1080p/60fps so those sub $500 iEi ones don't work for me. Links for any other 1080p/60fps video cards would be greatly helpful.
    I went through this pain a few years ago. Not at all surprised that an affordable 1080p60 capture card still has not surfaced in all that time. No phone on the planet records better than 30fps either. I figure both are being held back by Youtube's lack of support for >30fps (not counting the HTML5 tricks); ie, the moment they embrace better framerates, phones and capture cards will throw the support in as an afterthought.

If you don't have a lot of video you want captured, I'd suggest doing what I did: Capture what you want in 1080i60 and then deinterlace via Avisynth. Took forever back in the day, thanks to poor multicore support, but I reckon things have improved now.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by ScardyBob View Post
    Figured I'd just add to this thread as I'm looking for the cheapest capture card that can record 1080p/60fps videos. So far, the potential ones I've found are:

Adlink HDV62 $975.70
    Aja KONA 3G $1,995.00
    Aja KONA LHi $1,295.00
    BlackMagic DeckLink 4K Extreme $945.25
    DataPath VisionAV $1,020.00
    DataPath VisionDVI-DL $1,464.00
    DataPath VisionRGB-E1S $705.00
    DataPath VisionRGB-E2S $1,985.00
    DataPath VisionSD4+1s
    Epiphan DVI2PCIe $999.95
    iEi HDC-301 $369.00
    iEi HDC-301E $369.00
    iEi HDC-302E $708.50
    iEi HDC-304E $1,142.90
    iEi HDC-401E $447.00
    Viewcast Osprey 920e $1,345.99
    Skynet MonsterXX
    Sinetrones VDB-510N1
    Timeleak HD100C

I bought the one listed of the above used iEi HDC-302e, was successfully captured Playstation 3 1080p60f HDMI and other HDCP sources by its hardware encoding chip. The card have HDCP compatible so that can be thorughout the HDCP problem.
    Actually in my opinion, this card has two problems. One is he sucking driver and software. It seems to be difficult to install
    rather than any other capture card. Maybe previous user was failed to setting, so he blew up to ebay as very cheap price.
    The other is added audio noise. Actually the capturing quality is fine, but when the signal from source was suddenly disconnected at moment(i.e such as chapter skip) even if HDMI cable is connected from source to card, the audio noise woude be occur.
    Excepting of above problems, this is good one for HDCP capable and bypass-monitoring. in addition, this card is hardware compression type, that means no need high spec PC.

Next one is software compression type, Micomsoft SC-512-L/DVI from Japan. This is next model of SC-500N1/DVI or PEXHDCAP.
    It can be also capturing 1080p60f by uncompressed or any other various codecs. But this one has not HDCP capable so you need to buy the stripper. I bought from yahoo japan auction about $400.

Sorry about my poor english
    Quote Quote  
  28. I have the Micomsoft SC-512-L/DVI.

I have attached a small 1080p60 encode from PS3 HDMI so you can judge for yourself.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  29. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Did you really just post a sample showing off 60 fps where only the first 8 seconds had actual motion? Haha.

Thank you, though. Nice to see that software-compression 1080p60 capture is beginning to reach an affordable price.
    Quote Quote