VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I'm searching for a PCI Express that can capture 1080p and 8 audio channels from HDMI source. A card like that exists? I was looking BlackMagic intensity pro (http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/techspecs/), but only 2 channels. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Issue can be related to OS and software not BlackMagic itself (or in other words i doubt that any capture card with multichannel digital capture especially over HDMI exist).

Perhaps you need to consider capture in analog domain with proprietary audio capture device (not sure what is support for multichannel recording in typical/most popular OS on market - perhaps custom drivers - ASIO? - are used for this)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What hdmi source ?.

With many, you simply can not record due to hdcp
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What on earth are you trying to do? Play a BluRay disc on a BluRay player and record it to a PC because you don't know any better way to copy the video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's probably coming into the PC as 8 channels (think about it: it's a serial digital stream), but the capping software only understands 2-at-a-time. And "pro" software that is written to take advantage of multiple channels usually makes use of SDI/HD-SDI or AES-3/MADI/MASH interfaces. Remember, HDMI is a CONSUMER interface.

As jman98 suggested, there are much better & easier ways to extract the multi-channel audio (ripping?)...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. There are no affordable cards that can capture 1080p60.

<edit>
    If you consider $600 to $1000 affordable:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/351314-1080p60-Capture-Card-Recommendations?p=22033...=1#post2203372
    </edit>
    Last edited by jagabo; 3rd Dec 2012 at 22:29.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The whole "HDCP" thankfully is off the question now, since there are ways to strip it. But in terms of audio capture along the digital video, don't know of many. I do know that AverMedia ones, especially the unbeatable "Live Gamer Portable" interface captures digital 2 channel over HDMI. Whether it can capture raw pcm or bitstream (Dolby or DTS), I don't know, but that's about all. Or you could go and purchase a cheap $10-$20 5.1 USB audio interface with S/PDIF as input and 6 (5.1) 3.5mm jacks as output alongside the HDMI video recording.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So u can purchase intensity shuttle with usb 3.0 that can bring in 8 channel in as well as out.
    Quote Quote