VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Am attempting to capture some OTA HD content recorded over the past 8 years or so to back up versus just relying on tape. My WIN XP SP3 machine with 1394 card (driver current) connected directly to a JVC HM-DH40000U DVHS machine. Using Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultra to do the actual capturing. When connected, PD11 does see the JVC unit and recognizes the model. It even executes a "play" command when initialized, but nothing actually happens other than getting the green > arrow on the deck (but it doesn't actually play). Controls on PD11 don't function for the deck. In Device Manager, the JVC unit shows up as a AV/C device (with the yellow ?) and needs a driver. It seems that I'm so close to getting this working, but am at a loss at why I can't close the deal. I did read some older posts from folks that appear to have this type of setup working... any insight would be helpful!

Thanks, Bob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it might be outputting hdv over firewire. try hdvsplit to capture with. if controls don't work press play on the deck and then click capture when playback starts and see if it helps.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Aedipuss,

Thanks for your response on this. Very late last night I was actually able to get my setup to work and I did capture the content I was hoping to. I guess firewire can be fussy at times as all I did was turn off the JVC and pull off the cables and reconnect everything and power it back on again. Will certainly take a look at the HDVSplit as well as a possible backup...

Bob
    Quote Quote