VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

So I have a .AVI video file with 2 audio streams. What would be the easiest way to combine the two streams? Is there a way to do it with VirtualDub? Right now I'm basically rendering the video twice - one time for each stream which as you can imagine takes a lot of time. I'm thinking there has to be a more efficient way to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Hi,
    So I have a .AVI video file with 2 audio streams. What would be the easiest way to combine the two streams?
    Combine? What do you mean? Turn the two streams into one, with one coming from the left channel and the other from the right?

And why would you want to do that anyway, if you already have the AVI with 2 audio streams? Are you trying to shrink the size by compressing it even further? Or do you want to include those same two audio streams in your final and smaller AVI? That's so easily done in VDub that I don't think that's what you mean.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Hi,
    So I have a .AVI video file with 2 audio streams. What would be the easiest way to combine the two streams?
    Combine? What do you mean? Turn the two streams into one, with one coming from the left channel and the other from the right?

And why would you want to do that anyway, if you already have the AVI with 2 audio streams? Are you trying to shrink the size by compressing it even further? Or do you want to include those same two audio streams in your final and smaller AVI? That's so easily done in VDub that I don't think that's what you mean.
    I think the proper term would be to downmix the multiple streams? Not entirely sure.

Basically the video is a commentary. One stream is the music/sound of the video I was commentating on and the other stream is my actual commentary from my microphone. I want to convert the video to a smaller, more edit-friendly format while having the two audio streams already combined into just 1 stream if that makes sense.

Basically in VDub now I have to go to Audio -> Audio Source -> Stream 1 or Stream 2. Is there a way to combine both streams (ie. commentary + sound of the original video) just into 1 stream?

So if:

A - Music
    B - Commentary

I want A + B = C (Music + Commentary combined)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Is there a way to combine both streams (ie. commentary + sound of the original video) just into 1 stream?
    Yes, but not in VDub. You'll need a WAV Editor, one such as the free and very good Audacity.
    Quote Quote