Sometimes when I capture using mpeg2 I get a time stamp issue and thankfully most times Womble Mpeg Video Wizard can do an mbs scan and detect where the problem lies. Then I can edit the files after it has performed that scan and has generated the files that can be worked on.

Well I have ran across a problem this morning where my AVCHD file which I got from my Hauppauge HD PVR. Looking back I probably shouldn't of been doing some encoding last night with Vidcoder the same time I was capturing video. Well anyway the trial version I am using of Tmgenc Smart Render 4 indicates the file is only 2 hours and 24 minutes and media info says the same. When I shut the capture down this morning it was 15 hours. I have dropped the file into Avidemux and it is indexing it. AviDemux is registering the same time code.

I think I will delete the file and learn the lesson of putting encodes off until the capturing is completed and not let it go for 15 hours capturing. I am curious though if there would of been some way of editing a corrupted AVCHD file.

Thanks in advance for any advice or thought on this issue.