VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using Any Video Converter, I converted one of my 1920x1080p 59fps video clips to 1280x720p 60fps and I noticed as the video was playing, the Mbps is significantly LOWER with the 720p converted video. With the 1080p the Mbps averaged between 20-29mbps while the 720p clip averaged between 2.8-5.5 Mbps. What does that mean?
    James
    Quote Quote  
  2. 720p requires less bitrate than 1080p. If you're happy with the quality of the 720p video don't worry about it. If your not happy, use a higher bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not happy with quality. should i use constant or variable bit rate?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Constant quality or VBR question does not solve this, question is what bitrate is enough for my video.You experiment or just use encoders with constant quality settings.

Some encoders use constant quality mode, quality is controlled automatically, bit rate is generated to keep your demanded quality (set by CRF or quantizer). Not sure about your software.

There is another problem, you need to have it encoded within BD specifications, I thing you want to author your video for BD, is it this case?

edit, I can see, you are making those BD's that are: "good for my player and I do not care about other players " , so you might be all right ....
    Last edited by _Al_; 24th Nov 2012 at 16:28.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well after determining what bit factor will work, I would put it into Multiavchd and author it to BD-R. Would that work?
    Quote Quote