VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Planning to get an Android tablet. Is it standard for tablets to support hi-def? Some do not mention. Is there a way for me to hook up a tablet to the TV? If so, what is needed?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Many tablets have HDMI outputs, most are the "mini-HDMI" variety (just like regular HDMI, but smaller). A simple mini-HDMI>HDMI cable can be picked up on eBay for next to nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hardware connectivity shouldn't be a problem, but you may find that video made with tablet encoder presets aren't going to look very good on a large TV. A tablet may be hi def in theory but a 7-10" screen is a lot more forgiving. You'd want the same size file you'd use for your computer.

You say sometimes they don't mention whether they support hd or not in the literature. I generally take that to mean no.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just ordered an asus tablet for my son. Does anyone know if it's possible to image the OS drive so I can restore it if /when he hoses it some day? I'm assuming I can do it via the usb connection, I'll check that out when it arrives........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    I just ordered an asus tablet for my son. Does anyone know if it's possible to image the OS drive so I can restore it if /when he hoses it some day? I'm assuming I can do it via the usb connection, I'll check that out when it arrives........
    Shouldn't this be a new thread?

OS drive?

You mean back up the ssd drive? Just do a search on backing up an android tablet.

Solid state drives are pretty reliable. If anything in a tablet is going to get hosed it's the battery, and they're not replaceable. One of the main reasons I'd rather have a netbook myself ... but that's me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, you can backup the boot partition(s), but to do it fully & correctly, you will need to root your tablet. Good thing is Android tablets (which use Linux) are much less likely to be borked, compared to Win PCs.

All recent model tablets, even my Pandigital, can do HD.

Scott
    Quote Quote