+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 21 of 21
I am just starting to learn Sony Vegas myself, but that looks like a lower third. You need to either create the graphic element on a transparent background or find one that is already created and load it onto a video track. Then create a title that is placed on the track ABOVE the graphic element. It's not very difficult to do at all, but I'm sure someone else on this board can give you Sony Vegas specific instructions.
How can I use this:
In Sony Vegas?
That's how it comes .. Not as an avi or mov file
I did not see YouTube tutorial that shows how to use this format (lots of *.tif pictures).
just guides that show how to do this with video files.
Last edited by gil900; 27th Nov 2012 at 17:48.
What you want to do is create a STILL IMAGE SEQUENCE. Vegas will create a single clip from a series of still images. Follow the directions below:
1. On menu bar, click FILE->IMPORT->MEDIA
2. Navigate to the folder where the images are stored. Click on the FIRST image.
3. Click on the checkbox on the bottom that says OPEN STILL IMAGE SEQUENCE.
4. Click OPEN button
5. A PROPERTIES window will open. Just click the OK button.
Drag the newly imported clip to the timeline and place it ABOVE the background video.
Last edited by Brainiac; 27th Nov 2012 at 17:57. Reason: Added description
You are very helpful!
I have a problem with placing the LT at the bottom of the screen.
My video is 696x560. It is not 4:3 but this is close to 4:3.
So I tried to move the LT to the bottom of the screen but it does not work properly ..
The LT was cut before the screen over.
Take a look:
I do not know what to do ..
I'm not going to change the video to 4:3 (it will solve the problem) because it would not be true.
Last edited by gil900; 27th Nov 2012 at 23:56.
Ok, here are the instructions to resize the video clip:
1. Once the clip is on the timeline and the cursor is at the BEGINNING of the clip, click the icon on the track that is the second one from the left on the top row (TRACK MOTION). You can mouse over the icons to find the correct one.
2. The TRACK MOTION window will open. There are icons at the top of the window. The 4th one from the right (LOCK ASPECT RATIO) - make sure it in UNCHECKED.
3. On the left side of the TRACK MOTION window, you will see areas where you can set values for the width and height. Click on the number for the width value and type in 695. Then click on the number for the height value and type in 560.
4. You can click and drag the box in the TRACK MOTION window to reposition the lower third. Make sure the cursor is at the BEGINNING of the clip, otherwise you will create a keyframe.
5. To make the clip longer or shorter, position the arrow icon at the END of the clip. The arrow icon should change to a double pointed arrow. Then Hold down CTRL key and click drag to the left to speed up the clip or click and drag to the right to lengthen the clip. These are the equivalents of fast and slow motion, respectively.
Text is not animated via that box. That's a "chooser" box. For choosing a canned effect.
Start over and use legacy text. In the legacy text dialog, there are four tabs of effects that can be applied directly and keyframed. Then you need to use 3D track motion to change perspective and fly it around.
Last edited by budwzr; 29th Nov 2012 at 17:13.
Ignore this reply
Last edited by Brainiac; 29th Nov 2012 at 17:34. Reason: budwzr beat me to it
Still, after all this time - that's what I got:
It still looks bad ..
Why is it moving like that?
There is an easier way to do this?
Which part are you referring to ? The "fences ? " being jerky/choppy ?
After the first second, the words are not moving properly
If you're referring to the text "fences", it looks like you messed up the keyframes, or have the interpolation setup incorrectly
Is there a framerate conversion, or some other weirdity going on at the same time? Like PDR said, turn off resampling on the video events. Right-click / properties.
AFA the keyframes, you shouldn't have more than two or three. Vegas does the "tweening" automatically. You only really need a start and end.
Post the project file, but not the media. Only the ".veg" file. I use that effect a lot. Here's the way it should look:
Last edited by budwzr; 6th Dec 2012 at 16:26.
I do not have the project file ..
But I think that i got a lot of experience since I sent the message(#15)
So tomorrow I will try again .. I learned some important things now
After two days of half work this is what I got:
It's not finished yet but what do you say?