VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Uncropmkv refuses to work with windows 8. It stops with the error message "avsinfo.exe has stopped working". Is there a remedy for this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you installed avisynth?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick thanks for the tip. I reinstalled avisynth, haali media splitter and ffdshow as required. This fixed the avsinfo problem but now the video does not appear in the stream list but the audio does. What now?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    EVERY new release of Windows gets "My programs don't work anymore!" posts here and yet it never stops people from going down the same path over and over again. You're probably going to have to wait for uncropmkv to get updated for Win 8. If you bought a new PC that had Win 8, not much you can do about that, but if you willingly upgraded, well, you should learn from this. I work in IT and we NEVER install new versions of Windows when they come out. We have to do extensive testing for months before we are convinced that terrible things won't happen if we start to use the new version. My personal rule is that until the first service pack comes out I won't even consider upgrading and even then I'm going to need a reason stronger than "it's the new Windows!" before I'll do it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What jman said. In fact I went further ... I switched to linux. And I ain't going back. Of course the prospect of hard drives with built in DRM was also a factor.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe time to try another converter then. Maybe vidcoder, tx264, tencoder.

Because I doubt uncropmkv will be updated...
    Quote Quote