VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

English is not my native language, which contributes to that I sometimes prefer having subtitles on the movies that I watch(with my iPad and ATV3).

I discovered the software "wondershare video converter" wich can encode different video filetypes to mp4, and also add subtitles. However, when I do this I get a substantial loss in audioquality. Doesn't mather if I peak every option in the settings tab, there's still a GREAT loss.

Any ideas for other encoding software? Needs to do these things: avi/mkv to mp4, hardcode .srt and no substantial loss in video or audioquality.

I've tried the mkvtomp4, but there are so many settings to pick in the audio-category. Any small help here? Also, there's my 'belief' that wondershare keeps the videoquality more untouched. I'm I wrong here? All help appreciated guys.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mkvtomp4 doesn't reconvert the video. If it's not required(non h264 video).

What is the audio in the mkv? Use mediainfo to identify.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guess I was way out wrong on that one! Thanks

The audio, according to mediainfo, is the following: 445kbps, 48.0khz, 6 channels AAC.

If I want to keep the audio AS IS - is the mkvtomp4 the software to use? Also, which settings do I then use in it?
    Quote Quote