VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is somewhat hard to explain, so bear with me. I'm making videos for Youtube as a hobby. After hours of editing together images, video footage, and separate audio (using NCH VideoPad Video Editor, if that makes a difference), I have a movie that I save as an .avi. I check the video before uploading and everything is ok. When I upload the video to Youtube, some parts of the video, mostly images, are gone.

The first image of my video disappeared, so I thought the problem was Youtube chopping off the ends of my movie, so I attempted to fix it by adding black screens to the front and back of the movie. Result: the same images are still gone and it turns out that certain images throughout the video are disappearing.

I read that Youtube prefers MP4, so I downloaded a free '.avi to .mp4' converter. I checked the video -before- uploading to Youtube and the exact same images throughout the movie were gone.

This is completely mind boggling and immensely frustrating for me. All of the images are JPEGs. My video is saved at 720p and 30 fps. I'm using Windows 7. I will do my best to provide any more information that you need.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    So the video is shorter on youtube? Or is it just black with background audio in the missing parts?

How do you check the video? Play with VLC media player just to double check it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The version I have uploaded to Youtube will have lost some of the images, causing the video and audio to go out of sync. As I skip through the video to see how far the damage has gone, many images have been removed but not all. Some images are shortened or elongated to periodically resync the video and audio. Ultimately, the video is the same length on Youtube as it is on my hard drive.
    The youtube version can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/anlmvek

Running the AVI video through VLC Media Player, none of the images play, but the audio continues. It simply shows the last frame of the last video sequence until the next video sequence happens.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds that videopad doesn't create a normal video file. Can you export to some other format in it directly?
    Quote Quote  
  5. It makes good old-fashioned avi files, but it can also create a slew of others, including mp4, if you pay for the full version. One of the other file types it can create freely is wmv, which I just successfully tested using VLC Media Player and I'm now uploading that to Youtube to see if it works.

EDIT: It finished uploading. Same problem. The video runs fine on my hard drive but Youtube is cutting out parts of my video, mostly images. Always, the first image is removed. In some versions, as I have mentioned, all images have been removed. I don't understand why it's doing this.

EDIT 2: I may have found a solution. I must have missed it in the FAQ. It seems VideoPad has issues with large images and anything over 720p might not appear in your video. I downloaded a batch converter, converted all of my images to 720p or less, and I'm going to re-edit the video to see if it makes a difference.

EDIT 3: After all that, I load the finished AVI file into VLC. Everything seems good. All of the images are there and the video and audio are in sync. I upload the video to youtube and (drumroll please) the same images were removed again! What's going on? Sometimes they play right on my hard drive, sometimes they don't, depending on the file type and the media player I use. Even when they do play right, Youtube borks it.
    Last edited by Headless97; 12th Nov 2012 at 22:43.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe time to try another editor...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect that you are not giving a duration for each image to be on screen in your editor. They may show up in your editor, but won't show up in a player. That may be why you are finding that VLC player does not show your images, while playing your avi.
    Quote Quote