VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I really like PotPlayer and have set it up pretty much how I want it to operate.

BUT, the one thing I can't figure out is how to get it to show the DVD/BD menus with the scene selections and special features, etc. I've tried to find this button/setting with the DVD in my optical drive and with the DVD out.

Can somebody please tell me how to access these menus - it's driving me crazy ! Probably something easy but I just haven't figured it out.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Right click on PotPlayer. Select Open -> DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    jagabo,

Thank you, but I must not have been clear as to what I am asking. What I want to know is:

When the DVD or BD is already playing, does PotPlayer have a button you can click on to bring (usually a pop-up window) up the scene selection and special features (if any) to be able to navigate directly to the scene or special feature of the DVD or BD that you select?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Right click on PotPlayer. Select DVD Control -> Root Menu (or other).
    Quote Quote  
  5. I am looking for whether one can access the Blu-Ray root menu, I dont see any option available. If this is not supported, does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to navigate the Blu-Ray. Presently I have "windows navigation" enabled. When I open the BD from potplayer I seem to get one playlist file, this may or may not be the movie. Then opening others you get random bits and pieces.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best I can do is give you my experience with Prince of Persia. I opened Price of Persia Blu-Ray and activated AnyDVD. Under the Blu-Ray structure F:\BDMV\STREAM I found all the M2TS files. From My experience in the past, The largest file sized M2TS is the main movie and Usually the next largest is the special feature such as "Making of the Film', etc. My Potplayer was not able to play all the M2TS files nor give me a Thumbnail so I added the LAV splitter and video decoder and set MPEG-TS to use them. INSTANT Thumbnail. Seems the first 0000.M2TS is the menu but it is not selectable within PotPlayer. The Thumbnails DO give you a fairly good indication of what is what.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_368 Dec. 06 00.21.jpg
Views:	2483
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	15045Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_367 Dec. 06 00.18.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	15046

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_371 Dec. 06 00.24.jpg
Views:	2108