VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way to add a letterbox to a video only on the bottom? I am trying to get a video to display on the top of a screen in a video game. Regular letterboxing won't work as the video will re-adjust itself and create the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The AddBorders filter in AviSynth can certainly do this, but maybe you should explain better what you intend to do as that might not be the best option for you. How can you possibly get a video to display on the top of a video game? I really have no idea what you are talking about. If I don't, others who may be able to help you also may not understand. Just something to consider. You should really explain what your video source is, if you're doing this on a TV or PC, and what the video game is at a minimum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to get the life bars in this video to display closer to the top in Stepmania for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGYyO6t6Uow Can addborders increase the size of the video itself?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Before:
    [Attachment 14674 - Click to enlarge]

AddBorders(crop from top for same size result):
    [Attachment 14675 - Click to enlarge]

Originally Posted by Daniel_BMS View Post
    Can addborders increase the size of the video itself?
    Yes. To retain the original frame size, crop off the same amount from the opposite side that AddBorders would affect.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 12:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very cool to see somebody else post screen shots similar to what I am attempting. I finally got back to work on this. It turns out the best way to solve this problem is to just crop out the video right above the life bars. Maintaining the original video size isn't necessary since the original video is 480x352. Thank you for giving me the idea of using the crop feature.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You could also do it in VirtualDub. Add letterbox bars, then crop the top one away.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I used VirtualDubMod to crop the video.
    Quote Quote