VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alright, when I'm watching VirtualDub in Capture Mode or playing some game, the stretching quality becomes really pixelated.
    This don't happen in Windows XP, when I use it, it smoothes the video.

Here's an example:
    XP: Picture
    Seven: Picture

XP: Picture
    Seven: Picture

Why do this happen?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Turn off DirectX in VirtualDub. Options -> Preferences -> Display -> Use DirectX...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Turn off DirectX in VirtualDub. Options -> Preferences -> Display -> Use DirectX...
    Didn't worked.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you exit and restart VirtualDub? The change doesn't take effect until the next time VirtualDub starts.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Did you exit and restart VirtualDub? The change doesn't take effect until the next time VirtualDub starts.
    Disabled it again and restarted the PC just to guarantee it.
    Didn't worked the same way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Be sure you have a recent WHQL certified driver for your graphics card.

I had your images backward. I thought you wanted nearest neighbor resizing in VirtualDub. But I guess you want the bilinear/bicubic resizer. Try right clicking on one of the panes in VirtualDub. At the far right of the dialog are scaling options. You may or may not be able to change them.

There is a VMR/EVR scaling option in DirectX. The only way I know of getting to it is with MPCHC. Start it, select View -> Options -> Playback -> Output. Change the Resizer method.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Nov 2012 at 12:32.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Be sure you have a recent WHQL certified driver for your graphics card.

There is a VMR/EVR scaling option. The only way I know of getting to it is with MPCHC. Start it, select View -> Options -> Playback -> Output. Change the Resizer method.
    I don't think drivers are the problem, I have two OS's, both with the same updated video driver found on the developer's website and only Windows 7 has this problem.
    Quote Quote