VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok I need to get this edited video I made to someone and I want to know how to send it to them without losing quality of the video. Can I make a zip file, or something and send it that way without losing crazy good quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    email is only for small files. usual email servers will only accept 5-10 mb max size. upload it to a file sharing site and send a link to it. or upload it to youtube.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. An alternative to Youtube, could be sites such as Google Drive, or Microsoft's Skydrive, which give you a few GB of storage space for free if you open an email accout.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gmail support 30Mb for upload...very poor to large 1080p movie.

Try Hotmail/outlook skydrive. Its support 2Gb file. very nice to you and very fast.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mail a disc.
    It'll cost you about a buck.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. I recommend you Dropbox (2GB of free storage space, if you use this link to register you will get additional 500MB of bonus space)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mediafire is also an option. 50GB of storage free.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use WETransfer. Upload the file (free up to 2 GB). WETRansfer will transfer it via mail to destination.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Mail a disc.
    It'll cost you about a buck.
    This is what I would do. It really doesn't take that long and in most cases, I think the recipient has an easier time accessing/viewing it, especially if it is a large file, hd video.

I think nowadays people overlook the fact that snail mail still has advantages at times.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Do you really need 1080p for your friends. Just render to 720p and upload to Vimeo and give your friends the link. That is what I do and it is the easiest of all the answers posted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Or YouSendIt or Send-Files are two other common services.

The snailmail route costs time in burning the disc, media cost, postage cost. If that is to go to multiple people or to overseas, it's not even close to being worth it. That, plus the possibility of it getting lost/stolen/misdirected and just the delivery time involved.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Scott, I was assuming just needing to mail the file to one person. Of course it would depend largely on who/how many need the file, and why. I may have missed some responses along the way, and if so I apologize for my ignorance.

I like to share my non professional videos in the highest of quality so yes, I pay the .50 for the disk, take the time to burn it, and spend about 80 cents to snail mail them. Other than a little time, the cost is very low if you are only sending out one or two mailings.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Dropxbox may be the best for this. 2 GB is free. you put the video in the public folder in the dropbox folder. Then you right click your video in the public folder and chose DROPBOX>COPY PUBLIC LINK.

Then open email right click the body>PASTE
    This will you send will give them a direct download link to the file. Don't forget to make sure the video is fuly syncd in dropbox before you send the link or it may confuse the receiver.
    If you want to see what I've done with my videos,
    check out my video work on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/duhmez/
    Quote Quote