VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good day! I've got a few music dvd's IE. Queen , Roger Waters The wall ect.. I have had one DVD after playing it awhile start to lose sound & picture stops and then nothing. It's now happening to another older dvd. I would like to find out how to make copies for myself. I have never tried to make copies before, I'm a real newbie at this. Any help would appreciated. Also I just have a computor HP m9100z 500 gb hdd, quad core.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Process basically as follows:
    1) Rip the DVD to your PC using DVDFab, AnyDVD or DVDFab Passkey.
    2) If the ripped video is big enough to require a dual layer disc, optionally shrink it to single layer size with DVDShrink (easier to use) or DVDRebuilder (harder to use but produces better quality).
    3) Burn the shrunk or ripped files to DVD.

If you want to burn to dual layer discs, ONLY buy Verbatim DVD+R DL discs or you are wasting your money. Period.

The only consistently reliable single layer DVD discs are made by Taiyo Yuden (you will have to buy online) or Verbatim (anything except their cheap Life series is good).

You should burn only with ImgBurn (it's free) or you may waste discs.

We have guides on all this stuff. You are welcome to search the "All guides" section. Note that making copies is unlikely to fix your problems. Most likely your player is going bad.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Also note this: you state that your DVD has problems with sound and picture so maybe it is damaged and you may not be able to recover that DVD or else your player is malfunctioning. Try to play that DVD in another player and see if same problem exists.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the help I'm going to try your suggestions. Gonna hopefully burn or rip as you said my first dvd.
    thanks again Burr
    Quote Quote