VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got a video off Youtube and edited it Live Movie maker. The original video I downloaded was 1080p. All I did to the video was put fade in and fade out effects and add a background song, and then went to save the video at the same frame rate and same resolution. But the resulting saved video included a fuzzy border around the edges of the video. Why did it do that, and how do I save the video without it putting that border around it? The fuzzy black thin border is seen on actual video file too.

here is the saved video:

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you post a screen shot. I didn't see anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. my screen is lower resolution than the video so this is the best i could take. if you look at the endges of the video, you can see a few pixels of it being blurry, like its transparent with the black background. and on youtube, those few pixels make it look like th video has a really thin black border. also, i think the whole video is more blurrier than the original. i saved the video at a high bitrate though.
    Last edited by granturissimus; 31st Oct 2012 at 22:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That attachment doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. aww sorry about that... dunny why it did that.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2022/screenmn.jpg

the original source video i used has very sharp edges.
    Last edited by granturissimus; 31st Oct 2012 at 23:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Resize the player to fit the video.

Quote Quote  
  7. lol im not that much of a noob.

i'd estimate that at full resolution, there would be about 4 pixels of see through border around the whole vidoe. when i play the original source video, it does not have that, it has sharp edges, those 4 fuzzy pixels at the edges are not there. but the edited video has those annoying pixels, and the whole video also looks more blurry.

it seems to me like the video was scaled really poory, thats the effect that the saved video has... everything is more blurry and the edges look bad. and i dunno why it would be scaled, cause i picked 1920x1080 24p setting in live movie maker, just like the source video.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Just two things:

a) use PNGs for screenshots, because PNG is lossless, whereas JPG is not ;

b) Live Movie Maker sucks, period, start using something else.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Is there another free basic video editor out there like Live Movie Maker that will be better?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Does anyone else have the same problem with Live Movie Maker that I have?

Not only do the edges have some blur to them, but the whole video has some blur and loses its original sharpness when edited with Live Movie Maker. Did anyone notice that? It does this on my Vista, and on my Windows 7 PC's.

Even when all I do is create a video by simply adding an image and putting music to it, the video is saved with blurry edges and blurry picture. I use pictures the same same resolution as the video, but blur is still there. I tried saving the videos with the default presets, as well as my own custom ones both at 720 and 1080 resolutions, and the problem persists.

When using Windows Movie Maker which comes with Vista (not Live Movie Maker), the edges are sharp and perfect though.
    Quote Quote