VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. would anybody be able to assist me in using tivtc on my anime dvd source? I'm using meGUI and the video analysis tool is terrible. The option it gives me causing ghosting and theres still a lot of interlacing. I dont want to deinterlace it wrong. Best results came from tomsmocomp, but i dont care for that deinterlacer. Can anybody help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Be careful. Anime is often a mix of progressive and interlaced elements.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by mmbwdpnz View Post
    Can anybody help?
    Maybe, if you provide a short sample from the DVD itself. We can't guess what you have.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ill post a sample
    Quote Quote  
  5. here
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. That video was converted from 25p to 29.97i with field blending. The best result will come from converting back to 25p. That can be done with Yadif(mode=1, order=1).SRestore(). That will eliminate a lot of the blending and leave you with fairly smooth pans. I don't think you can do that in Megui though. Attached is a 25p sample with QTGMC(preset="fast").SRestore().

The video could also use a lot of other filtering. Deblocking, Deringing, etc.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 31st Oct 2012 at 17:39.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ill try that thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. if u still have the script u used for this sample, would u mind posting the whole thing, or sending it to me somehow?
    Quote Quote