VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    It means that Cinavia cannot be removed. Cinavia protected discs can be copied, but the copying preserves Cinavia. The only thing that MIGHT (it is unclear) remove Cinavia is if you convert the audio to different lossy format and do some filtering to remove any sounds above the human range of hearing. All the evidence to date suggests that Cinavia uses an audio watermark that is beyond the range of normal human hearing.

As far i understand cinavia patent information is transmitted in spectrum over 8kHz, information is coded as slight (not human ear/brain detectable) changes in phase as a pseudo-random, spread spectrum sequence. This is explanation why cinavia need more time (they use something like sliding correlator solution) to detect spread spectrum phase changes.
    Workaround for today is to recode audio for coding format which is normally not decoded by player but can be output trough S/PDIF (HDMI?) to external AV amplifier - for PS3 such coding format is DTS.

So cinavia remover can work on base:

detect cinavia (perhaps also decode),
    based on detected cinavia (perhaps decode sequence is mandatory) apply phase distortions in opposite to cinavia form - compensate phase changes and remove cinavia.
    So seems that key to remove cinavia is cinavia detector/decoder itself.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hey guys. Have someone found a solution to the Cinavia Protection?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nope. Not yet.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is some sites that claim a product called Movie Fix 2.0 works, But then some forums say it is a scam, So I'm also waiting for more info on this, I thought Anydvd or Dvdfab would have had a solution by now since cinavia has been out for over a year, What I do with a cinavia disk is rip disk to hard drive with Dvdfab (Fab will tell you if disk has cinavia on it) then shrink (movie only) to a daul layer disk with BDrebuilder an play in a reqular dvd player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    There is some sites that claim a product called Movie Fix 2.0 works, But then some forums say it is a scam, So I'm also waiting for more info on this, I thought Anydvd or Dvdfab would have had a solution by now since cinavia has been out for over a year, What I do with a cinavia disk is rip disk to hard drive with Dvdfab (Fab will tell you if disk has cinavia on it) then shrink (movie only) to a daul layer disk with BDrebuilder an play in a reqular dvd player.
    This "solution" may not work all that much longer. Cinivia is also a DVD technology (it's not limited to only BluRay discs) and there's nothing to stop DVD players from being manufactured that will recognize it. There doesn't seem to be any requirement right now for DVD only players to have to recognize it, but that could change.
    Quote Quote  
  6. This "solution" may not work all that much longer. Cinivia is also a DVD technology (it's not limited to only BluRay discs) and there's nothing to stop DVD players from being manufactured that will recognize it.
    That's why I prefer the old stuff. My old DVD players, you can turn off the Macrovision. Had it turned off since 2001.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agree with jman98 an jimdagys, I love my OPPO dvd player it plays anything that I want so far, When I save enough money I might get the OPPO 93 bluray player it's cinavia free for now but cost's $499.
    Quote Quote