VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    I recently moved from VLC to PotPlayer. I have setup PotPlayer the way I need it, except I have a few questions:
    1.) Is it possible to be able to see the seek bar (and the play/stop controls at the bottom) when I move my mouse, like in VLC and WMP?
    2.) Some of my videos aren't in the correct aspect ratio. I can change it while playing, which is fine, except I want PotPlayer to revert the aspect ratio settings on exit. This is what VLC does, any change in AR works as long as you don't exit VLC; VLC opens the next time with default AR.
    3.) This is more bothersome than the above two. From what I have read, the subtitles are rendered before the video is scaled, meaning the subtiles (and the OSD messages too) get scaled. This looks crappy.
    eg. Frame in full screen (everything fine): http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/11247198/img/11247198.jpg
    Frame in default size, ie, out of full screen (OSD and subtitles crappy): http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/11247213/img/11247213.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Hahahhaha; 25th Oct 2012 at 19:57.
    Quote Quote  
  2. So like are these things impossible to achieve or have I broken some unspoken forum rule and everybody's giving me the silent treatment?
    Quote Quote  
  3. For me Potplayer shows the scrollbar when the mouse is near the bottom of the screen. Just like MPCHC. VLC shows the scrollbar whenever the mouse is moved or when the mouse is over the scrollbar.

On the Subtitle settings page set Subtitles Output to Display On VMR/EVR Surface. Make sure you're using one of the VMR or EVR renderers.
    Last edited by jagabo; 31st Oct 2012 at 07:46.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for answering!
    I have VMR/EMR subtitle smoother enabled, but still it is only when I go full screen that the fonts look good, otherwise they look poorly resized. I guess I am gonna leave it that since there doesn't seem to be a solution.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try a different subtitle font? What type of font were you using? I was using SRT so the font renderer could use any font I selected. If you're using bitmap fonts you won't get as smooth rendering.
    Last edited by jagabo; 2nd Nov 2012 at 16:07.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have tried different fonts. I doubt if it's the font. And I'm using vector text rendering too.
    I have uploaded this one pic http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/11325651/img/11325651.jpg here, just so we know we are talking about the same thing. Please view it in full size, it shows how VLC and PotPlayer handle things differently. The way I see it, VLC uses a smaller font on 1X size than on the fullscreen, while PotPlayer uses the resized version (like an image) of the fullscreen font size. as if the subs were hardcoded, when they are not.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Here's what I see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	kmp.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	14551
    Last edited by jagabo; 3rd Nov 2012 at 19:27.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hm, yours definitely look better than mine.
    Like I said, I think I can live with this tiny issue. Thank you for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have problem with subtitles in potplayer,too.When I play mkv in potplayer,subtitle font is changing,font and letters becomes bigger,not as I defined in options for other video formats(avi,etc...).How can I make subtitles in mkv to don't change,to stay as they are for all other video formats?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I think I figured it out. Works like a charm. This is my setting.

Quote Quote