VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    No matter what I do I get video tearing in mpc-hc when playing various file types.

How can I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried different Directshow video outputs? Under View->Options and Playback->Output. Like System default, EVR Custom Pref(default I think).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Also try the "Alternative VSync" option. Use View -> Renderer Settings -> Tearing Test for easy testing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes and yes
    I have tried everything, inside out & upside down & backwards.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you get tearing with other players like VLC, PotPlayer, Smplayer?

Do you use dual video outputs? Then it might work better if you set the one you are watching to the primary monitor/tv.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Nope
    One LCD monitor
    Quote Quote  
  7. It looks like it does not tear with VLC

It looks like it does not tear with WMP
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did you exit and restart MPCHC after changing renderers and options? The setting only takes effect the next time you start the program.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You must really like mpc-hc. I'd just use something else. Smplayer, vlc, or potplayer, in my order of preference.

I found mpc-hc is one of those programs where they make the interface look easy but if you need to use any of the more advanced features or filters they dump you straight into hardcore video geek stuff. No thanks.

There are very knowledgeable people on this board who seem to like mpc-hc and I respect that but, sorry, I just can't see it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. for win7 set some aero theme ...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Blue Noser, I need the pan & scan features mpc-hc has. Thats why I use it.

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Did you exit and restart MPCHC after changing renderers and options? The setting only takes effect the next time you start the program.
    Yes, I know that.

Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    for win7 set some aero theme ...
    No win7, I have XP.
    Last edited by catdog; 24th Oct 2012 at 00:01.
    Quote Quote