VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    having trouble writing the html code correctly. what is the correct html code to use to display the video lists like the ones you see on youtube, on the right side window ?

i would like to display my own the same way if possible, i have the following info:

video icon size .jpg
    video title
    video url link (ie videoid)

i will follow it up with the time code/length and views later, thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am no great coder (I usually 'borrow' and adapt)

I would have thought you need to link to a database and then write code to link to that. But if you want to do this in java then I can not help. I write plain html/php with a link to a mysql data file.

My approach would be to collect this data as fields from the data-file and each field is then displayed in a standard html table. Very 'old-school' but I am old

With this method, if the data is static, ie you will not be adding more videos or are prepared to manually update as and when, you can simply create the html table without a database and just hard-code the data elements.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everybody... could any one tell me that, how could i post in this website....??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by farit View Post
    Hi everybody... could any one tell me that, how could i post in this website....??
    You just did

Now if you mean "How do I post to a new topic on this website ?".....

1. Click on 'Index' at the top of this page
    2. Select the forum you want to post the new topic
    3. Click the 'Add New Topic' button at the topic of that page

Please do not reply to this post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i did (tried) the same thing..borrow. but in yt's case they seem to be in frame or other member that the usual "view source" will not show those link. so i can't copy it. i tried surfing around to other sities to see how they do it but the same thing. when i do create a few tests they come out large and ugly. i'm looking to make them like yt or smaller even.

oh, this is for an app i'm developing that incorporates an webbroswer, a wrapper to IE browser that i am considering as an alternate view from my textual database view. i am not trying to make a webpage to post at a website. this will be on my computer in my app.

i am using the coffeecup free HTML editor to test the html code. maybe there is something better? i dont' know. thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With this method, if the data is static, ie you will not be adding more videos or are prepared to manually update as and when, you can simply create the html table without a database and just hard-code the data elements.
    i will be doing this dynamically in my delphi code...as soon as i create the template code for it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only Delphi I know is in India

What I would suggest tho is to post the code you are having trouble with and maybe, just maybe, someone will be able to debug it.

I am sure you know that languages like php are 'invisible' as far as html source is concerned. So even if you checked my own web site's source you would not see the underlying php.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i figured out how to do it, finally!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    here is the finished version. still needs some touch-up work, but i got it working at least

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    does anybody know what yt uses to remove the black borders in their listings ?

my home-made listing (above) looks awful with them showing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not think they do.

Looking at a sample listing, the image is more 16:9 than your 4:3. The sample showed one 4:3 video and that had the usual side borders.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it seems that YT is using an external script or css elsewhere in the code. its hard for me to pinpoint that since i am below amature in web page jargon.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    post the code
    Quote Quote