VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I need command-line-interface software to easy and massively remove tags and metadata from video type files:
    AVI, ASF ,FLV, MKV, MPG, MPEG, MP4, M2TS, TS, WMV

PS: well, i use the program "mp4tags.exe" for mp4 tag vids so i don't need more soft for mp4 at the moment.

I've searched so long too months on Google but i only found "abc AVI TAG editor" but it's a graphical app so...

EDIT: i've found mkvpropedit.exe for metadata and tags on mkv files... one less!

please, some help?

Thankyou from Spain (not latin lol)!
    Last edited by pitoloko; 15th Oct 2012 at 01:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try remux with ffmpeg

Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.avi -c copy -map_metadata -1 output.avi
    Video and audio are copied.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Maybe try remux with ffmpeg

Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.avi -c copy -map_metadata -1 output.avi
    Video and audio are copied.
    thankyou is very usefull

i tested ffmpeg with avi and mp4 files, done it right

but do you know if i can use it with the other formats that i need in "copy" mode? (i can't test it)

PS: sorry for my english
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, mkv, mpg, ts should also work. Maybe not if you have several audio,video, subtitle streams.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again, and please... a little question (i don't found info about it)

¿what happens if I use the overwrite parameter "-y", for example like this way:

Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i "file.mkv" -c copy -map_metadata -1 "file.mkv"
    I mean... what happens if ffmpeg crash or something (because subtitles or a crash into pc or anything)?
    ffmpeg copy process is "on the fly" inside the same file? or fisrt ffmpeg make a temp file and after that overwrite the temp file with the original fille?

so... if i use "-y" but the copy process don't finish by a crash or something then i get a half-cutted and corrupted overwrited file or I don't need to worry about that?

thankyou for all the info gived to me!

PS:
    I made an automated processing of all my vids in a Batch script,
    the script search for some values into metadata of files, if found any of them then convert the file overwriting it...
    but i don't want to loose a vid file cause a crash or something of ffmpeg so i need to confirm this question please...

EDIT:
    Ok I've monitorized the files created with the app "moo0 file monitor" and ffmpeg copy process is too dangerous, don't make any temp file, it extracts and add the datas on the fly inside the same file,

this means if a execute the copy process in a 800 mb mp4 file and then I kill the ffmpeg process at the start of the process then i get a corrupted 619 KB file...
    PS: tested!

Don't overwrite important files with ffmpeg, this app don't have any protection measure like writting first into a temp file, trust me!

bye
    Last edited by pitoloko; 16th Oct 2012 at 17:08.
    Quote Quote