VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    A friend took some video for me and gave me the SD card - I'm able to see it in several programs but it's always playing in slow motion though the sound is normal. How can I get it to play normal speed? Or covert it to normal speed? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. It might be that your computer is too old/slow and is dropping frames during playback

What are your computer specs ?

What kind of MTS ? Use mediainfo if you don't know
    Quote Quote  
  3. Using a mac and it's new and fast. Never had probs with any other video format. Had no idea there were different kids of MTS. Will download media info and find out. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi Poisondeathray... here is the info. Haven't a clue what it means!

BDAV: 9.74 MiB, 6s 681ms
    1 Video stream: AVC
    1 Audio stream: AC-3
    1 Text stream: PGS
    Maximum Overall bit rate: 18.0 Mbps
    Video 11.5Mbps 1920*1080 (16:9) at 25.000 fps, AVC
    (high@L4.0) (CABAC / 4Ref Frames)
    Quote Quote  
  5. What are your computer specs ? (new & fast isn't good enough description)

Try mplayer osx extended , or VLC to play it back . Quicktime cannot handle transport streams very well
    Quote Quote  
  6. Problem is I want to edit it and have to get it to play in an editing program or somehow convert so I can do that. But I'll try one of these programs you suggested to see if at least I can get it to play properly. Will let you know. Really appreciate you help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can edit it with premiere pro , or fcpx . If your computer is fast enough it will play properly

Unless there is something wrong with the clip - did the person who sent it to you check it ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes he did. I'm wondering if it's a UK camera and I'm trying to edit in USA would that make a difference with how it captured to the SD card?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I want to use iSkysoft Video to edit. I can't afford the other programs and don't like how they work. That's why I need to get it working as maybe another format properly
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes he did. I'm wondering if it's a UK camera and I'm trying to edit in USA would that make a difference with how it captured to the SD card?
    No, the transfer will be identical the original file. It's a direct digital transfer.

But notice it's 25fps . That's not a standard framerate for a NTSC or 60Hz country like USA . It may cause some issues depending on what your final format goal is (e.g. DVD, blu-ray, web ....) . You need to provide more information

I don't know anything about iSkySoft . Maybe it's just junk software ? If your computer is fast enough , it should be able to edit it . But note editing requires a lot more processing power than just playing it in a media player . If you can't even play it in a media player properly, you have big problems and probably need a hardware upgrade. HD content (especially AVC) requires a lot more processing power than SD content
    Quote Quote  
  11. OMG! It plays perfect with VLC!!!! Thank you!! So how can I convert it or save it now to edit so others can see?
    Quote Quote  
  12. What is your final format goal ?

If your current software doesn't work properly try something like imovie, or the free version of imovie hd .

Is this it ? It says it supports AVCHD
    http://www.iskysoft.com/video-editor-mac.html
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'd like to get it converted to either AVI or MP4. I can't get the mts to open in imovie. Yes that's iskysoft. I like this editing. It opens the files but as I said plays slow and voice is not in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  14. imovie doesn't support AVI, and has problems with some types of MP4 . I think imovie HD will convert the AVCHD to Apple Intermediate Codec

you can use clipwrap to rewrap into mov (there is a free trial)

or you can use ffmpeg to rewrap into mov as well (but you need to open up terminal - command line usage)
    Quote Quote  
  15. you are taking to someone who is relatively new to using a mac and doing this stuff. LOL! I hate imovie which is why i bought iskysoft. So you are saying you think I can convert successfully into .mov and then use imovie worst case. Is there anyway I can get iskysoft to play it and save it? I rather edit in this as it's the only editing program I've been able to figure out.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I hate imovie too and I don't use macs very much. When I had to edit things on a Mac I used either Premiere or FCPX . They can edit AVCHD natively. I have no idea what iskysoft can or cannot do; but it says on that webpage they support AVCHD

I know that anything wrapped in MOV will work better on any mac program, probably iskysoft too (re-wrapping doesn't alter the quality , it's like taking the audio & video out of 1 "box" and putting it into another "box")

If say, your goal was something SD like DVD, then you might convert it to smaller resolution and lower quality and it would be easier to edit
    Quote Quote  
  17. Maybe I need to write iSkysoft. As if it supports AVCHD then you feel it should work? Maybe I have to change a setting or output?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by nylongirl View Post
    Maybe I need to write iSkysoft. As if it supports AVCHD then you feel it should work? Maybe I have to change a setting or output?
    Did you check the webpage linked above, is it the same product? It claims to support AVCHD - so I would expect it to work

I'm not familiar with it, so maybe start another specific thread (with the product in the title), or see if they have a help forum

And since the file plays ok in VLC, that likely rules out problems with the footage itself
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'll post in their forum and hope I get some info. Thank you SOOO much for turning me onto VLC at least to see what it looks like in real time and that is can work. Now still to solve the mystery!
    Thank you again for all your time, guidance and patience!
    Quote Quote