VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried to normalize some music files with mp3gain since that seems to be the most popular, But it wouldn't do some files, In the log report it says error because some files or layer 2 instead of layer 3, So my question is how are what program do I use to convert layer 2 to layer 3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    MP3 is "Layer 3". If your error says something about layer 2 then you are not dealing with MP3 files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    So my question is how are what program do I use to convert layer 2 to layer 3.
    Most audio encoders can do that. Try BeSweet (with a GUI) or HeadAC3he.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Lately, the only source of mp2 (that's Layer2 folks) files would be: VCDs, PAL DVDs, HDV camera audio, possibly older OTA/Cable/SAT Transport Stream audio, or OLD encodings. Is yours one of those?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just now got to work on it again, looks like some of the audio files (songs) are WMA files, Or WMA files layer2? I did fiqure it out, I had to check all files in MP3gain.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No WMA is a different beast altogether (though they probably are also based on MPEG, just like WMV was based on an early, non-standard fork of MPEG4-ASP).

Glad you got it working...

SCott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!