VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys, my problem is about mkv file. When i play this mkv file it plays perfectly about 90 mins after that the a/v gets out of sync. So there is any software which can recover this problem. Sorry for my bad english.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Basically you want to split the MKV into two parts. Ideally exactly at the point where the audio goes out of sync. Then you'd adjust the audio sync of the second part by specifying an audio delay.
    Once that's done you'll have the first half of the original MKV, plus a new version of the second half with synced audio. You'd join those two together and save them as a new, single MKV.

It may not be possible to split the original MKV exactly at the point where the audio goes out of sync unless you use a video editing program and re-encode some of it (the video can only be slit on certain types of frames). When the two halves are rejoined there might be a gap in the audio etc, but it's probably better than having out of sync audio.

The tool to use for splitting, adjusting the audio delay, rejoining the two halves and then saving them as a new MKV without any re-encoding would be MKVMergeGUI. Using it is fairly self explanatory but if you have any problems, post back and I'm sure someone can help.

To determine the amount by which you need to adjust the audio delay for the second part of the MKV.... I use MPC-HC. If you open the MKV and use the "+" and "-" keys on the numeric keypad, MPC-HC will adjust the audio delay in real time while you watch the video. Once you've got the audio in sync, make a note of the audio delay specified in MPC-HC's status bar. It can be either positive or negative. The delay MPC-HC displays would be the delay to use for the audio when opening and resaving the second part of the MKV after you split it.

Hopefully the above makes sense.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Basically you want to split the MKV into two parts. Ideally exactly at the point where the audio goes out of sync. Then you'd adjust the audio sync of the second part by specifying an audio delay.
    Once that's done you'll have the first half of the original MKV, plus a new version of the second half with synced audio. You'd join those two together and save them as a new, single MKV.

It may not be possible to split the original MKV exactly at the point where the audio goes out of sync unless you use a video editing program and re-encode some of it (the video can only be slit on certain types of frames). When the two halves are rejoined there might be a gap in the audio etc, but it's probably better than having out of sync audio.

The tool to use for splitting, adjusting the audio delay, rejoining the two halves and then saving them as a new MKV without any re-encoding would be MKVMergeGUI. Using it is fairly self explanatory but if you have any problems, post back and I'm sure someone can help.

To determine the amount by which you need to adjust the audio delay for the second part of the MKV.... I use MPC-HC. If you open the MKV and use the "+" and "-" keys on the numeric keypad, MPC-HC will adjust the audio delay in real time while you watch the video. Once you've got the audio in sync, make a note of the audio delay specified in MPC-HC's status bar. It can be either positive or negative. The delay MPC-HC displays would be the delay to use for the audio when opening and resaving the second part of the MKV after you split it.

Hopefully the above makes sense.....
    @hello_hello, thank you for the information. I tried your method & it worked. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote