VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a set of DVDs that I need to convert to AVI to process with Ageisub.

The original DVDs have multiple audio streams for different translation. And I want only the original English without other audio stream. When I ripped the DVD with DVDfab, I chose 'English' as the audio. But when the file is done ripping, it had other audio channel in it. I tried to use the paid program MyVideoConverter to do it, same thing.

In short, even I choose 'English' in the setting when I start ripping, the file always turnout to be with other translation audio in it.

Is there something I can do to fix this?
    In the original DVD 'VIDEO_TS' folder, I tried every single file that I can click and play to find the one that only has English in it, but I couldn't find one. The 'English only' video can only be play through selecting 'English' in the menu of original DVD.

Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try using the free DVD Decrypter and use it in IFO mode (I did not say ISO mode, but IFO mode). You can select which audio stream you want. Look for a guide on how to use DVD Decrypter. You may have to do this several times until you pick the correct stream. The streams may be mislabeled in the DVD, either by mistake or deliberately to cause problems for people who want to rip the DVD. Note that DVD Decrypter does not understand bad sector copy protection methods, but if your DVDs are not region 1 DVDs, the odds are very good that they do not use this. If you get errors when using DVD Decrypter then most likely your DVDs do use bad sector copy protection and you can't use DVD Decrypter on them.

Another option I can think of would be to rip the DVD with every audio stream and then use DVD Shrink to create a new DVD with only the one audio track you want from the ripped files. Then you could work with what DVD Shrink gives you.
    Quote Quote