VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Don't have any idea if this is true, but there is a report that Pixbyte has stumbled upon a way around Cinavia.

Pixbyte makes DVDRanger and DVDneXt Copy software, and they intend to offer this new anti-Cinavia section on their DVDRanger software at the end of October.

http://www.dvd2hd.com/2012/09/21/dvd-and-blu-ray-copying-without-cinavia/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know nothing about this company and their products and remain skeptical, but we'll see.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A quote from the link above: " At the moment, the solution is being tested by well known people in the world of copying. Approx. 55% of all reported Blu-ray Region A/B disks and DVDs have been successfully tested so far. It will be also tested on PS3, various Blu-ray players and PowerDVD. "

So does that mean that for the other 45% there was no solution?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    A quote from the link above: " At the moment, the solution is being tested by well known people in the world of copying. Approx. 55% of all reported Blu-ray Region A/B disks and DVDs have been successfully tested so far. It will be also tested on PS3, various Blu-ray players and PowerDVD. "

So does that mean that for the other 45% there was no solution?
    Yeah, I had that thought too. They are a Spanish company so they may not fully understand how that sentence can be perceived in English. It could be that they meant to say "We tried 55% of the known Cinavia discs so far and they all worked".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's how I read it, and after all, there aren't many discs with Cinavia (not yet!).

Like you said, we'll see.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote