VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all,

I wanted to see if you can help me recover what I think are corrupt .MTS files. I was recording video using a Panasonic HDC TM-900 camcorder and a 32GB SD card. Having recorded 8 videos that were around 15minutes each I came to transfer them from the CD card. Having done this successfully I was watching the files back and it seems like only the first 3 playback. When I try to play back files 4 - 8 it comes up with an error that says "cannot play the file - nu-recognised file format"

Then I tried in Adobe premier Pro and Media encoder and both could open the file. I have a strange feeling the files may have been corrupt as I cannot view the from the camera and having copied them to my hard drive - the files on the SD card were automatically deleted?

Does anyone know how to recover .MTS files or tell me if the files have actually become corrupt?

HELP?

Regards,

Kajal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try a different media player. but it doesn't really matter as adobe accepts them, just render them out to a format you want.

no files are "automatically deleted" unless you chose to "move" or "cut" them rather than "copy" them.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can try to preview and repair your corrupt .MTS files here:
    http://mp4repair.org

Regards,
    Benoît
    Quote Quote