VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I mux, using ImagoMPEG-Muxer, a .m2v I made from an .avi using FitCD and HC_gui and an .ac3 I demuxed using VirtualDub and then downmixed multichannel to Dolby Digital Pro Logic II in MeGUI I get bad audio. It sounds like a beeping noise or something in the background. This has never happened to me before with .mkvs. The audio sounds fine before I mux it but after it sounds horrible. How do I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried any other muxer? Like the old tmpgenc (under file->tools->multiplexer)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why not just use the AC3 audio?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Actually this is what I'm trying to do, AVI to MPEG-2 with AC3 audio...Crap I forgot to save it as .m2v instead of .mpg because it set it to .mpg by default. Aww man all that time gone. Only bad thing is it's the paid version. :/ I guess I'll have to get it for future conversions. Great guide though. If anyone knows freeware that can do this let me know.

http://members.dodo.net.au/~jimmalenko/AVI2DVD.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Mamimi View Post
    Actually this is what I'm trying to do, AVI to MPEG-2 with AC3 audio...Crap I forgot to save it as .m2v instead of .mpg because it set it to .mpg by default.
    You're not making any sense. Not to me anyway. You want an MPEG with AC3 audio? That's what ImagoMPEG-Muxer does.

You made an MPG but want the M2V back out of it? Demux it then. One way is to open the MPG in DGIndex and then go File->Save Project and Demux Video. You'll get the M2V, the audio, and a D2V project file which you don't need.

You want to make a DVD using freeware? There are dozens of free programs that do that. Try Avs2DVD. It can use the free HCEnc. Which you already know about so, again, none of this makes any sense to me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ahhh noooo!! Lol.

1. Got avisynth script from FitCD for my avi source.
    2. Used it in HC_gui. Got a .m2v.
    3. Opened VirtualDub and demuxed the audio from the avi.
    4. Downmixed it to Dolby Digital Pro Logic II in MeGUI because it had to many channels.
    5. Muxed it in ImagoMPEG-Muxer. Got bad beeping audio in the background.
    Why not just use the AC3 audio?
    Yes that is what I want to use but I thought that maybe it wasn't working because the original audio had to many channels therefore is why I downmixed it because before that used the original but still got the same beeping noise.
    Original:
    Audio
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Duration : 1h 46mn
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 640 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE

Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 490 MiB (100%)
    Have you tried any other muxer? Like the old tmpgenc (under file->tools->multiplexer)
    No so I decided to give that a try.
    8. Followed this guide but this involves using the paid version and for now I only have the trial.
    This is great but it gave me an mpg. The problem with that is is that I want to change the audio bitrate to 448 instead of 384 I think it is...
    Demux it then. One way is to open the MPG in DGIndex and then go File->Save Project and Demux Video. You'll get the M2V, the audio, and a D2V project file which you don't need.
    Now I'll try DGIndex.
    You want to make a DVD using freeware? There are dozens of free programs that do that. Try Avs2DVD. It can use the free HCEnc. Which you already know about so, again, none of this makes any sense to me.
    I have had problems with AVS2DVD in the past which is why I do it manually and use HCEnc but in this case the .m2v I got from HCEnc when muxed with the audio came out horrible which came from an avi because I've never had problems with mkvs.

Sorry for the confusion...If that doesn't work out I think I'll leave the audio as is...Actually that's probably the best thing to do since I guess the DVD's you buy in the store use 384 too...Or so I assume. I don't really have any clue.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Mamimi View Post
    I have had problems with AVS2DVD in the past
    If you elaborate better the statement, I may help you to solve them...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote