VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone,

Is your expert knowledge able to help me? I hope so.

It's a little embarressing - I hate to admit it but I have about (let's be honest here) Zero video camera knowledge apart from hitting the big record button to make it go and make it stop.

And I'm wanting to shoot some videos where you can see me talking in the foreground, but the background is blurry.

But after playing for hours I still can't work it out.

Could someone, pretty please, put my despair and desperation to rest and guide me to clarity and sanity? By listing instructions on what I press, step by step so I can have blurry backgrounded videos? (eg Step 1. Press this. Step 2. Press that)

Thank you in Advance

CL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The key is large lens aperture (small f-number), to create a shallow depth of field. This means that you need a camera that allows you to set this manually. For cameras and camera presets that decide such settings for you, you will have little to no control over the depth of field.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Case - thanks for the reply. I've found the Aperture-Pri. AE setting - and I've been playing with it but I've found it only darkens the screen and not blurs the background......And confusing the heck out of me as well. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. bump. Can anyone help me with this?
    Quote Quote