VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. EditDoc
    Search Comp PM
    Morning all, When using the pan/crop and masking I have an issue.... When doing more detailed masking, I have to scroll into the image to mark the fiddly bits, then scroll out to be able to move the image up or down to complete the rest. When scrolling back in again, how can I carry on from the point where I previously finished on? Is there a video tutorial on detailed masking somewhere? Appreciate some help here. Cheers.
    Post a Message.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are some Vegas experts here but until they chime in, have you looked at this video on feathering your mask?

http://sony-vegas.wonderhowto.com/how-to/mask-sony-vegas-pro-7-178845/
    Quote Quote  
  3. When you're zoomed in with the pen tool selected , hold the ctrl key down to toggle the hand tool then move whereever you want (left click mouse button and drag). Releasing ctrl key, brings you the pen tool back (ie. you never have to zoom back out or "lose your place")
    Quote Quote  
  4. EditDoc
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    There are some Vegas experts here but until they chime in, have you looked at this video on feathering your mask?

http://sony-vegas.wonderhowto.com/how-to/mask-sony-vegas-pro-7-178845/
    Hello Mr Tree Tops,
    Nice name my friend. Thanks very much for the tip. I watched it right to the end where he almost tackled my problem, but unfortunately did´nt I did learn something else from your tip anyway, so thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
    Have a super day, much appreciated
    P.S. poisondeathray underneath your message solved my problem - cheers mate
    Quote Quote  
  5. EditDoc
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    When you're zoomed in with the pen tool selected , hold the ctrl key down to toggle the hand tool then move whereever you want (left click mouse button and drag). Releasing ctrl key, brings you the pen tool back (ie. you never have to zoom back out or "lose your place")
    Good evening poisondeathray,
    I was hoping for a tutorial as I personally find its the best way to learn! But now I´ve learn t otherwise - thanks to you my friend. Yep, I tried your suggestion out straight away and PRESTO! A problem which I´ve had for nearly 1 year is history! Thanks for taking you time to answer my question, really appreciated.. May I go further and ask you how did you know this? Are you by chance a Sony Vegas pro?
    Cheers, and super evening to you... I´m so pleased now
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by EditDoc View Post
    May I go further and ask you how did you know this?
    I use vegas to edit sometimes

For more complex masking operations I use after effects

IMO, the best way to learn is by "doing" . If you get stuck, look for a tutorial (e.g. youtube) or ask in a forum such as this or software specific forum (like sony vegas forum)

Cheers
    Quote Quote